2004 Summer Olympics Athens

Wow xgamermark, I totally forgot about that one. You're right, that song definitely played a big role in the end credits. That's the song "Titans Spirit" from the movie Remember the Titans , written by the person mcmoxie so aptly pointed out: Trevor Rabin.

If anyone can identify any of the songs sung during the ceremony I would be most apreciative. :kiss:

All of the music for the Athens Olymic Games was composed by John Williams. It said so in the closing credits. They are from various collections, some dating back as far as 1968. While the 2004 Games aren't mentioned on his site yet, it seems NBC reused a lot of the 2002 Winter Games and 2000 Summer Games music. It was also by John Williams.

The CD isn't available on Amazon yet, but the previous Games CD's are.

John Williams also created compositions for Jurassic Park, Star Wars, and I believe Jaws... among many, many others.

Originally posted by jh12@Aug 29 2004, 11:37 PM
Wow xgamermark, I totally forgot about that one. You're right, that song definitely played a big role in the end credits. That's the song "Titans Spirit" from the movie Remember the Titans , written by the person mcmoxie so aptly pointed out: Trevor Rabin.
Is it all from "Titan's Spirit"? Or are there parts from other songs by Rabin?

On the final Sunday, during the closing credits of the last segment of full sports coverage (one hour before they started the closing ceremonies), while showing highlights and credits they were playing a really upbeat song which closed out with a guitar chord and and video of the US pole vaulter "strumming" his pole like a guitar....

The chorus was something like:
"These are the days worth living, these are the years worth giving,
These are the moments, these are the times, let's make the best times of our lives"

I would sure appreciate it if anyone could identify the artist and title on this one.

Thanks.

For the ending credits, it was the whole song of "Titans Spirit" by Trevor Rabin. I just checked :D

There's also some music info from the Opening Ceremonies, with a little mention of the Closing music in this thread.

Also there is the "NBC Presents: Summon the Heros" by John Williams, which is where a lot of the music heard throughout the Games came from.

I too have been searching for this song all morning... it is by "The Calling" and the title is "our Lives." Hope that helps. I wish I could have found it sooner.

Cheers -

- Mike

John Williams is the primary composer of the music used throughout the games. But interestingly, I'm pretty sure the End of the End credits that Eric described didn't have any Williams music. I don't have a great memory, but I think the playlist was something like this:

Athens 2004 End End Credit Music

Ludwig van Beethoven - Symphony No.9 'Ode to Joy'
Randy Edelman - 'Main Title' from Dragonheart
Stephen Warbeck - 'The Beginning of the Partnership' from Shakespeare in Love
Trevor Rabin - 'Titans Spirit' from Remember the Titans

Most of the time, the music used for breaks and credits were from the Olympic themes John Williams has composed over the years:

Primarily used during the 'pan around the islands' and during commercial breaks:
John Williams - 'Olympic Fanfare and Theme' (Composed for the 1984 Olympics in Los Angeles)
John Williams - 'Summon the Heroes' (Composed for the 1996 Olympics in Atlanta)

I also heard these used during the commercial breaks, not a lot though:
John Williams - 'Olympic Spirit' (Composed for the 1988 Olympics in Seoul)
John Williams - 'Call Of The Champions' (Composed for the 2002 Olympics in Salt Lake City)

But I'm definitely no authority on the matter and I'm sure several more themes were used by NBC, especially during their countless 'story' segments. I wonder if NBC will release a DVD with the entirety of the Closing Ceremonies.

Thanks Mike,
I'd been trying lyrics sites and google searches with all sorts of combinations of words, never would have guessed at that...Appreciate the effort.

Bob S>

one of the songs was by Eleutheria Arvanitaki - Dinata, Dinata
it`s a great song but i wasn`t able to find it online/buy it.
if anyone finds it, i`d be gratefull for a link/PM :)

It seems to be a challenge but by any chance does anyone know what this song may be..it starts at roughly "1:50" in the video Youtube

It again plays at about "5:00" in the same video after the arrow of fire..

Any help is welcomed :>:>

Well you did just show me up..I tried answers.com and usually those two have close results..anyways tyvm :>:> haha

Ok, here's the source material:

Now if you can ignore the totally ridiculous narration ("crushible"?!?), people will probably notice the last 3 minutes of music is from Remember the Titans.

What I'd like to know is the music source of the first minute or so. Anyone ID the music?

Wasn't able to find this answered anywhere.

I know it has been a while but does anybody have this song or the name or a direction they can give me to find the song so that I can buy it?

Thank you

Back