2004 Ford Escape "Lake"

hey everyone, me and a bunch of ppl it seems have contacted machinehead.com, and here's the response we got: (i posted this msg on the onehitwondercentral.com forum as well:

"Hi

thanks for your interest, I checked out the link and saw the discussion that the track has prompted. As it happens, we are working once again for the same ad. agency team, they will be flattered and excited that the music is getting all this attention. Although we wrote the music, it technically belongs to Ford at this point, so we are unable to give it away or whatever. But, I would be happy to petition to get permission for people such as yourselves to receive copies of it. I will keep you posted.

Cheers Stephen

www.machinehead.com "

well no wonder i did'nt see it! airing it during a sport segment an all!!! :D
yeah so i wrote to machinehead also,and this is what they replied-
"thanks for the nice thoughts. We can't release it as a single for two reasons, firstly it is only 30 seconds long, but more significantly, the rights belong to the giant corporation, Ford.
However, you have reminded me of my intent to contact an individual there to see if we can make it available as a download from our website.
I will let you know if I succeed. "

Cheers Stephen

....so guys i think we're closer to owning this bit! {with a hopeful heart}

laters!

:D OMG THANK YOU SOO MUCH FOR THAT LINK.. ford escape Ad.. i downlaoded it, and finally i can listen to the song as much as i want, even though there is voice in the background, i had emailed ford about the song particually but i had no reply, it is absoloutly intriguing music i love the sound and everything, its great, hopefully we can all find out what the song is called becuase it is awsome! :rolleyes:

ya i'm curious, have they replied to you yet? others have tried in other forums, and were told the music is not planned to be made public

so i emailed them again, and they replied with this message, so hopefully they will give me an answer soon enough.

Dear Sara,

Thank you for contacting the Ford Motor Company Customer Relationship Center
regarding the name of the title and artist in our Ford Escape commercial.

We have initiated the required research to respond to your inquiry. We hope to
have a final answer for you shortly and will keep you apprised as to the status
of your request via email.

Thank you for your patience.

We consider the satisfaction of our customers one of our most important
objectives. If you have any other inquiries or concerns, please feel free to
contact us and we will be happy to address them for you.

Sincerely,
Melissa
Customer Relationship Center
Ford Motor Company

[THREAD ID:1-2UL15M]

-----Original Message-----

Hello, this is Sara Abbi inquiring about the amazing music
played on the commercial for the New Ford escape suv, i was told to send
an email with the following questions answered so i could possibly get an
artist and a title for the song. Thank you very much for your time ...
Television program commercial was aired during: Daily Planet
Cable network that aired the commercial: Discovery Channel
Date commercial was aired: Thursday April 13/06
Time commercial was aired: 10:15 pm central time
Vehicle that was advertised: Ford Escape SUV
Brief description of commercial: It starts of with 2 kyaacks on the top of
the Ford escape, the beautiful music playing in the background, and then
proceeds with the camera moving into the vhechile with two people sleeping
in it, the commentary says: it has all kinds of ways to carry your stuff,
and you, this is the new re designed ford escape
Thank you very much, Sara

YEPPIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE well the accutall song is not for public purchase but the artist is machine head.. so we can get simillar stuff i supose...... this was a long process and we atleast have a artist, but yes this was the reply...

Dear Sara,

Thank you for your follow up email regarding your request for the title and
artist of the song played in our commercial.

According to our resources, the artist is Machine Head. Unfortunately, the
song was made specifically for the commercial, and is not available for public
purchase.

We consider the satisfaction of our customers one of our most important
objectives. If you have any other inquiries or concerns, please feel free to
contact us and we will be happy to address them for you.

Sincerely,
Melissa
Customer Relationship Center
Ford Motor Company

I have not forgotten this post. Anyone have the version with Kiefer Sutherland aka Jack Bauer? The music stands out better in that version.

Re: 2004 Ford Escape

This commercial music is so amazing. Someone please update us when they hear a response back from Machine Head-if they get a response back from ford. Also, it sounds like they just intend on releasing only 30 seconds of it? PLEASE LETS PRESSURE THEM to make it a FULL 3-4 min song! If Kael Alden from Robot Repairs can take the time to make the Lexus Pebble Beach song 3 min, i'm sure we can persuade Machine Head to do the same! Which email address are you guys writing to in terms of contacting these guys? I don't see an email address for a guy named Stephen on the website?

It's been a while since I've checked back here to see what the status of the song was. Man am I glad I did. Although I don't remember "exactly" what the song sounded like I know that I still had to hear it. When I followed the link to Soundcloud, it definitely sounds like what I remember! Now how hard was that? ;-)

Back