2011 Kia Sorento

War Antics

Reaction score
Does anyone know the name of the song played in Kia's new 2011 Sorento ad, where a family is driving through a forest seeing all kinds of modern day appliances in the middle of nowhere?

car commercial song

i'm limited on the details here, so i'll try my best to describe this commercial as best i can...

it's a commercial for an SUV (i think) or maybe one of those crossover vehicles. the family (parents in the front and a small boy in the back) are driving through different areas and they keep passing by various items you could find in your home, like a bathtub, dresser, couch, TV etc. and at one point they drive under a bright chandelier and the boy looks up at it through the sunroof while they pass under it. i think the theme that is narrated towards the end of the commercial is about taking the enjoyment of being home with you wherever you go.

the song is acoustical from what i could tell and there's a woman's voice singing some "la la la... la... la" bit in a slightly eerie (but beautiful) voice.

what's that song?

that's the commercial, thank you! i've been searching for it with no luck.

unfortunately, i haven't been able to pin down the song details (title or artist).

i've read that it was written just for this commercial, and that it's not even a 'song', more of a short piece.

so does anyone have any details on the song?

from what i've been reading recently, it appears that this song was done by Zooey Deschanel, and there's no full version available... anyone know if this is true?

YouTube comments say it's an original composition made just for the Kia ad.

I don't like this ad. For anyone who is or has been homeless, it would seem to be a slap in the face, regardless of the implied message. It shows insensitivity on the part of Kia.

I don't like this ad. For anyone who is or has been homeless, it would seem to be a slap in the face, regardless of the implied message. It shows insensitivity on the part of Kia.

Frankly I don't see that, but YMMV. I like the commercial, integration with nature, living without the boundaries of walls and all. However, I do find all car commercials offensive, pushing gas guzzling monsters. But let's not be thread hijackers. I do dig the music and wish it could be identified.

Back