Prince of Persia The Sands of Time

ephenj09

Advanced Member
Reaction score
Aight i saw this playing the other day, you got this dj sitting there spinnin some turn tables and then scenes from the video game pop in and blert out. Then they say somthing about rewinding time, as they do that the dj spins the vinyles backwards. If anyone knows this beat Def drop a line. thanx :ph34r:

The DJ is Melo-D of the legendary Los Angeles Turntablist Crew the Beat Junkies - the track was sproduced my Machine Head with Melo-D for the Prince Of Persia game. Keep your eyes (and ears) open for an extended 2 minute version of the Ad which has a Chyron (the little "info. area" in the corner you see on MTV) which has a the "title" of the track which I believe we called "Time Control" it is not an existing track but original music created for the spot.

I have most of the information on this song, except for the name! It is a specialy comissioned piece by DJ Melo-D for Ubisoft's new video game, Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time.

The commercial features clips from the game, intermixed with images of a DJ turning some decks. It has a techno/eastern sound.

Since it is a comissioned piece, it is probably not on any album or avaliable online anywhere, but I thought I would ask.

Here is a quote from the article where I found the information:

Commercial and Trailer Music

To extend and enhance the immersive, atmospheric experience of Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, Ubi Soft has teamed with legendary musicians Jason Bentley and DJ Melo-D, who are creating an original song - inspired by the universe and gameplay - that will be used in commercials and trailers for the game.

Turntablist extraordinaire Melo-D was an original member of the seminal L.A.-based DJ crew the Beat Junkies that revived the art of using turntables as musical instruments during the '90s. Incorporating a wide variety of influences, from dub and funk to jazz, soul and world music, Melo-D invents original compositions that showcase his rhythmical creativity and striking imagination.

Bentley, who will be producing the track, has DJ'd with artists including David Bowie, Rage Against the Machine, and Underworld, and remixed artists such as Paul Oakenfold, Fischerspooner, and Gus Gus. He supervised the music and produced the multi-platinum soundtrack for The Matrix (he received a GRAMMY nomination for his work, and is on board for all three films). For ten years, he has hosted the groundbreaking Metropolis show on KCRW, and he DJ's regularly at L.A. hotspots including Ivar.

Full article

BTW, I know this is a videogame, AND I know that this music is also featured in the trailers online, but I posted here because most people will be hearing the song in the TV ad.

ALSO, from the videogame forum, Gabba posted this:

The DJ is Melo-D of the legendary Los Angeles Turntablist Crew the Beat Junkies - the track was sproduced my Machine Head with Melo-D for the Prince Of Persia game. Keep your eyes (and ears) open for an extended 2 minute version of the Ad which has a Chyron (the little "info. area" in the corner you see on MTV) which has a the "title" of the track which I believe we called "Time Control" it is not an existing track but original music created for the spot.

So, info I know:

-Artists: DJ Melo-D, Jason Bentley, and/or Machine Head
-Title: possibly, "Time Control"

the actual title of the song is "A Scratch in Time", and you're right that the song was made exclusively for the ad. They took various tracks from the game and remixed them. the two-minute ad rocks! very long and very cool. more game ads need to be this long, lol

LiK, have you seen the two minute ad? Does it have the song info box like Gabba said? What channel is it playing on?

And a BIG thank you for finding the song title!

yeah. that scratch beat that starts up when he's running on the wall is awesome. I hope they come out with a soundtrack that includes it.

too bad that last link only had the short one, the two-minute one is really cool. they show you all the time powers you have one by one.

the ad can be seen on mtv or vh1. i think you'll be able to see them in other channels but the news was they debuted it on mtv first. it's like a music video with the little bits of text in the beginning too and in widesceen. not full screen like the short ones. if i find it, i'll post a link.

Oops.

I just watched it and while it's the two-and-a-half-minute version, and goes through all the powers and storyline, etc. it doesn't have the song in it anywhere at all.

My bad.

Though if you're actually interested in the game it could be interesting.

Personally, I'm not.

*delete*

-Loki

fyi - that little "information box" you see on the Prince of Persia long version and on most all music videos is called a 'Chyron'. I worked with MTV for awhile and that's how I found out that obscure bit of information...

The song is called "Scratch In Time" and it was on MTV yesterday. 2 and a half minute long commercial. The little info box on the bottom right says...

DJ Melo-D of the Beat Junkies
"Scratch In Time"
Prince Of Persia: The Sands Of Time
Ubisoft

Hey, does anyone know what the name of the song from the Prince of Persia: the sands of time game is? It doesn't have any words, just techno-type music. It's on TV a lot right now. Thanks.

-Nick

I don't know if this has already been asked, i'm new here, but I'm looking for that arabic/persian/techno music in the Prince of Persia: Sands of Time game commerical.

Thanks for all the info guys, that track is pretty cool and I want it. Sadly that link is dead and all I can see is the praise from the above poster. Haha.

i'm pretty sure most of you know what i'm talking, well i'm sure most of you have seen the prince of persia's trailer air on tv. a while back anywho I thought the song was cool it had indian lady singing and a great beat to it sounded like a mix done by someone but if anyone knows what i'm talking about or any info. you find will be greatly appreciated.

Back