"My World" by Samsung

jca

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Currently airing in the US are two different versions of an ad, called "My World," for Samsung's VM-A680 video phone. The ad follows a day in the life of a young girl and ends with the tag line: "This is a movie about my life. Made by me." You can watch the ad here. (click "see movies" then "see the trailer")

In the first version of the ad, the following songs are heard: As the girl is driving around town with her friends: "Living in America" by the Sounds. After eating lunch and forgetting her phone, a male returns it to her and they exchange numbers: "Dice" by Finley Quaye. The girl and guy find themselves on a rooftop and kiss: "Californie" by Air.

A second, shorter version of the ad uses one song called "What Are You Afraid Of" by West Indian Girl. Their debut album, which will include this song, is due to release in August 2004.

An older global ad for Samsung called "Portraits," starring Estella Warren, shows a girl who takes a man's camera phone away from him and starts taking pictures of herself as she lays across a car. The song used for the ad is called "Mi Corazón" by Campo. B00008XRY3,B0001I2CH0,B00000JXSA,B0002MHELY,B00007M5CO

Back