Top Ad Music for 2007?

jca

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
We always welcome suggestions and ideas for nominees for the (annual) "Top Ad Music for 2007" year-end list.

What was the most memorable commercial music from the past year?

How about the most annoying? Most overplayed? Unusual? Trends?

What were your favorite songs that appeared in TV commercials, movie trailers, soundtracks, etc.?

whatever that song is for the verizon juke commercials..........that should definately get most annoying piece of auditory assualt for this year......i wish i had a button lower than mute on my tv. <_<

Originally posted by jca@Dec 6 2007, 11:05 AM
How about the most annoying? Most overplayed? Trends?
Jewelry commercials <_<

You know which ones. :mellow:

• Admin
Originally posted by leone@Dec 6 2007, 06:42 PM
Jewelry commercials <_<
It's weird, the new diamond commercial with Landon Pigg is following the exact same "you can tell us the answer, but we still won't get it" trend as the previous one. Maybe we'll create a Cat Power award around that.

Originally posted by jca@Dec 6 2007, 06:23 PM
Maybe we'll create a Cat Power award around that.
You mean Regina Spektor, right? :p

• Admin
Originally posted by leone@Dec 6 2007, 07:49 PM
You mean Regina Spektor, right? :p
The Cat Spektor Award.

How about the most annoying? Most overplayed?

"Unwritten" gets my vote in this category.
I have even become averse to feeling the rain on my own skin.

Most annoying definitely goes to the iPod Touch "Music is my Hot Hot Sex" by CSS.
cringe!

Best Holiday commercial song = All That I Want by The Weepies from the JC Penney commercial

BEST COMMERCIAL SONG OF 2007 must be "The Way I Am" by Ingrid Michaelson from the Old Navy Sweaters commercial. The song never gets old...

Speaking of jewelry ads, surely I'm not the only one who's getting tired of hearing that Vanessa Carlton song in every Zales commercial?

Originally posted by trey01@Dec 13 2007, 06:15 PM
Most annoying definitely goes to the iPod Touch "Music is my Hot Hot Sex" by CSS.
cringe!

Best Holiday commercial song = All That I Want by The Weepies from the JC Penney commercial

BEST COMMERCIAL SONG OF 2007 must be "The Way I Am" by Ingrid Michaelson from the Old Navy Sweaters commercial. The song never gets old...
Hmmm, remind me not to go to any of your parties. ;)

My vote for most annoying is that really obnoxious up-tempo jazz version of "deck the halls" they play on what I think is a Lincoln car commercial.

Does anyone remember examples of musicians who actually appeared in commercials from the past year? (Examples: Gwen Stefani for HP, Beyonce for DirecTV, etc.)

Also Beyonce for American Express. Actually there were a couple of celebs for AmEx: Ellen Degeneres, Tiny Fey... Does this count? :p

Lexus with John Legend, Elvis Costello and Diana Krall. (Wait, was it this year or last?)

HP also had Jerry Seinfeld and Petra Nemcova.

Yeah, we also had Lexus with John Legend, Elvis Costello and Diana Krall and Slash for Guitar Hero 3.

We're looking for musicians, not celebs, who appear in ads if you can think of any others.

Originally posted by leone@Dec 18 2007, 07:06 PM
:duh: Sorry. :blush:
No need to be sorry. Your help is always appreciated. :wub:

Little Richard.

Mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce!- woooooeeeeeee!

love "le disko" by shiny toy guns in the verizon ads.

and i know this isn't popular, but i love the song "stars" by hum in the cadillac ads.

i absolutely HATE the 1,2,3,4 song by feist in the ipod ads.

Back