To all AD Tune Regulars,

ktb3712

Advanced Member
Reaction score
:usesearch:

To all AD Tune Regulars, an observation...

If we tell someone that a question has been asked and answered, and to search (by keyword) for the answer... they'll learn to search for a topic and find the answer.

But if we keep giving them the answers, why would anybody bother to search if someone else will do it for them?

Kind of like when you'd ask someone how to spell a word, and they'd tell you to look it up in a dictionary. ;)

:ph34r:

:usesearch:

There is a word for posting in a thread just to say that you refuse to answer the question... but, well, let's just say that the word is "thread<bleep>ing."

Although I understand your frustration and I used to do posts like that in other forums long ago, the fact is that posts like that tend to be perceived as quite rude.

Perhaps a compromise would be to simply post a link to the existing thread in your reply...? This encourages users to view the existing threads without creating a response that is not useful to them at all.

Yeah, most of we "regulars" (and a lot of you have been here a lot longer than me) do tell people to use the search and often give the link to the thread that's already been started. So what's your point? The "regulars" already know to do this, but you can't stop the newcomers from not knowing to use the search. Quit complainin'. <_<

i don't really help at all
i do however often forget about the first 's' in thesassycynic's name, and always get a chuckle out of it (not saying anything, i just think it sounds funny)

i have been guilty of it and i learned my lesson, but there has to be an easy way then to "not just answer a question in one of the posts)

New people come here looking for answers not aversions, help not hassles.

Better to be helpful and give the answer than to confuse or rebuff people just looking for helpful advice.

Originally posted by a_iver@Nov 20 2006, 03:02 AM
i don't really help at all
i do however often forget about the first 's' in thesassycynic's name, and always get a chuckle out of it (not saying anything, i just think it sounds funny)
Kind of like the new Adult Swim show, Assy McGee? Haha. At least you're thinking about me. B)

Originally posted by a_iver+Nov 19 2006, 11:02 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (a_iver @ Nov 19 2006, 11:02 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>i do however often forget about the first 's' in thesassycynic's name[/b]

Ouch! :lol:

<!--QuoteBegin-a_iver
@Nov 19 2006, 11:02 PM
i don't really help at all[/quote]

:whistle: You're a mean one, Mr. Grinch...

I've only been here for a short time and sometimes people will cry to search first. Thats fine in cases when the song I'm talking about is actually already posted. But there has been a case in which someone blindly screamed (in all caps) to search first...when the question I was asking wasn't even there. I have no problem being told to search first but some of these people need to spend more time using search themselves instead of trying to come up with psuedo-clever ways to simply say search first.

We have a pit in the basement. :D And some lotion ;) And a basket :evil:

I don't really post, but I have been coming here for a while now...I always search, and then if I can't find it, I ask the question. Although, I think that it is nice to just help people out.

Originally posted by givemfitz@Nov 27 2006, 12:08 AM
We have a pit in the basement. :D And some lotion ;) And a basket :evil:
It rubs the lotion on its skin.... :shifty:

When you said "How do you spell a word and you answer by saying, Look it up in a dictionary". You can't look up a word in the dictionary without knowing how to spell it! :duh:

yes but you can go to dictionary,com and spell it as best you can and it will find it for you or sometimes you can just type it it google. Like if you type "hous" it might say, "did you mean house?" ;)

Back