Visa Check Card

staples

All-Star Member
Reaction score
What is the song that plays in the visa commercial in which it is a huge assembly line (but in a cafeteria)? It sounds like something from Looney Toons, like robots or something...

Thanks,
Marc

im about 80% sure that that isnt the correct song... thanks for the effort though... it may have been like a dexter's lab thing though...

Yeah...I just listened to Powerhouse and that's not the song. I know this is a classical piece - I remember it from a Chip-n-Dale cartoon from like the late '70s.

Oh great Chuck Norris, please forgive me while I correct you.

this IS the song. However, most will disagree because they didn't listen to the WHOLE track, they heard the beginning (commonly referred to as the "chase" sequence I believe) and did not wait to hear the "assembly line" piece which starts about the middle of the track. The link provided still doesn't play the entire song however and the Visa version is like a big band remix of it. (I have tortured people in my office with this song)

I have been looking for this for one day now. Raymond Scott, created this song in 1936....

go to google, or wikipedia, but you wont find the version visa uses easily. I suggest using a video capture card/device (dazzler) and get it off of your DVR, rip the track in audacity (free) sync in WM10 and enjoy my new ring tone....

Mazrach

yup, it is Powerhouse but whose arrangement and who's performing it? Parts of it sound like the original Warner Bros. arrangement but the production is new and modern. btw, the commercial is called "Lunch".

I stand happily corrected. I did just as you said and failed to listen to the whole piece. I am wondering though about the questions of different arrangements. :blush:

Lots of people have published variations of the original music as it was a swing-jazz piece. It's used a lot as a starting point for improvs. I know of two: Rick Fink and his Gashouse Gorillas, and Dennis Caiazza & Swing Factory. Both use enough parts of Powerhouse to give their interpretations the same name, but neither is the production used in the Visa commercial, and neither is the variation used in the Looney Tunes.

I'd ask their ad agency, but I can't even identify who created the Lunch commercial for Visa.

I'm sorry,

I appologize for my ignorance...

Thanks!

I love that I know who it is, however, I would now like to up the anti and post the question WHERE have we heard it from?

for some reason i feel like i've heard it in honey i shrunk the kids.
:huh: ?

It's been used in more than 35 Warner Bros & Looney Tunes cartoons (Bugs Bunny, Elmer Fudd, Porky Pig, etc.) and it's been used in the Bugs Bunny on Broadway movies. The Carl Stalling Project features it. (Stalling arranged the music for all the wacky WB productions from 1936-1958. It's one of the signature animation musical themes, like those features in Who Shot Roger Rabbit.

This song sounds like its from a cartoon in a situation such as the bad guy's factory.

I agree with someone above - the music is incredibly close to the Main Titles of Honey, I Shrunk the Kids. James Horner DID get in legal battles because of plagiarizing music for the score ... when was the song released? :unsure:

I need to know the music behind this ad. Statrts with everything moving fine with upbeat jazz music that has been around for years. Bugs Bunny cartoons, etc,

Back