Lost

Sir_Garland

Pro Member
Reaction score
I just started watching a few weeks ago and have been trying to figure stuff out. Is there anyone that watches this then can catch me up to speed?

Except for the last episode, I have watched every episode at least 5 times, and I still don't know half of what is going on.

I don't the think the writers do either. I think they're just winging it.

:lol:

I love it though.

What's the deal with "the button" does it like end the world or something? Or do they know what it does??

Originally posted by Sir_Garland@Jan 12 2006, 12:57 PM
What's the deal with "the button" does it like end the world or something? Or do they know what it does??
No, they do not know what will happen if they don't enter the code, and no one is willing to find out.

Michael DID use the computer for communication though, with Walt, and that is a big no no.

They have to enter the code : 4 8 15 16 23 42 : every 108 minutes.

These numbers reoccur VERY frequently throughout the show. Hugho aka Hurley won the lottery with them. They were written on the outside of the hatch and so forth.

Bad juju with the numbers.

weird, so have been entering it but are afraid to see what happens if they don't? So how did they ever find out about this? I mean, how did they find out that they had to enter this code every 108 minutes or whatever?

They blew open the hatch, and inside was Desmond. Desmond told them this story.

DESMOND: It was 3 years ago. I was on a solo race around the world, and my boat crashed into the reef, and then Kelvin came.

LOCKE: Kelvin?

DESMOND: Kelvin -- he comes running out of the jungle -- hurry, hurry, come with me. He brings me down here. The first thing he does -- because there's beeping already -- he types in the code, he pushes the button, and it stops. What was all that about, I say. Just saving the world, he says.

JACK: Saving the world?

DESMOND: His words, not mine. So I started pushing the button, too. And we saved the world together for awhile, and that was lovely. Then Kelvin died, and now here I am all alone. The end.

Thanks. :) That in a way makes for sense now. :lol:

Okay, so we still have no idea where the children are or what happened to them, right? Just that someone took them in the middle of the night?

Yup, pretty much. They call those people "The Others." Everytime you hear creepy whispering, that's them. :lol:

Originally posted by givemfitz@Jan 12 2006, 01:03 PM
Oh. Lost. :duh: Doh!!!!!!!
:lol: :lol: It took me a few posts in to get what they meant too, I thought there was a show called Lost Spoilers, like one of those shows that plays funny commercials or something.. :duh:

Yep, I think so anyway. And I kinda like Russo now. She seems cool.

Aww, poor thing. And were you stalked on an island by an evil black cloud thingy?

Originally posted by Sir_Garland@Mar 25 2006, 04:46 AM
Aww, poor thing. And were you stalked on an island by an evil black cloud thingy?
I think it was more misguided than evil. He just fell in with a bad group of clouds as a teenager.

Did anybody watch Lost last night that can fill me in? I missed all but the last 5 minutes.

Back