Classical Western movie theme

bleebo

Reaction score
What is that upbeat classical song mostly used in western themed stuff. I think i remember hearing it in like a restaurant commercial like black angus or something. It is also used in theme parks for like the wild west stunt show for like universal studios and knotts berry farm. i really want to figure out what it is.

Yeah it's almost cheesy b/c of Black Angus, but it redeems itself b/c it's by Aaron Copland.

Need help remembering (old western song)

I can't be really specific because it's been awhile but I know it's a tune that a LOT of people know. It's one of those songs that was common in western movies, no words just a score. Going just by memory it starts off with a really upbeat tune with trumpets...I think.

Re: Need help remembering (old western song)

How about "Hoe-Down" from the Rodeo ballet?

Thank you both for your replies, jca that is very close to what I'm thinking of. I have a very specific tune in my head and the only way I can think of to relay this to anyone is using the online piano below.

http://www.pianoworld.com/fun/javapiano/javapiano.htm

I know nothing about musical instruments so I'm going to give pathetic instructions. Basically go to the piano and find a space with 2 black keys. The three white buttons below are the ones I used. 1 being the first white key, 2 being the second, etc...

1 3 2 1 1 33 2

That's the best I can do =( Thank you again to those who have already tried to help!

Theme/Main Title from The Magnificent Seven composed by Elmer Bernstein:

OST recording and also available on countless re-recordings, including Telarc's Round Up (as featured in the YouTube video above).

Thank you so much! Thank you to everyone else again for your suggestions =)

Back