74th Annual Academy Awards

media08

Reaction score
Does anyone know the song in this performance at the end where the acrobats wearing yellow is played.

Thgis is likely one of newer Cirque shows (Ka etc.). I will look around at some of their videos and listen to their music and get back to you.

I can't quite put my finger on it but I recognize the theme in the underscore from a previous production - I'll try to locate it for you but my guess is it was an arrangement done just for this performance.

I was thinking it was from Quidam but I didn't hear it in the samples at amazon.com. Did they use the figure with no head and carrying an umbrella in more than one show because I only saw it in Quidam. And I can't find any of my dvd's right now. Sorry no help. :D

Well, I'm sure people will think I'm crazy but the brief phrase that I recognized was from "O", the finale also titled "O". It sounds NOTHING like what they used in that clip. :rolleyes: I'm still looking for something closer, but it's a TALL stack of CD's :p

Holy cow, I had pretty much given up on this - I was so certain it was from one of the Cirque shows that I knew inside and out. And the snippets I heard of this song on tracks 11 & 13 of "O" really threw me off. Today I'm in my car and just for the hell of it I pulled out a random Cirque cd (I keep about a dozen in there) and started flipping through the tracks and THERE IT WAS! It's not quite as dynamic as the live recording but it was definitely track 10 from 'La Nouba', titled "Urban"
Unfortunately I can't seem to locate a sample that has the exact bit you requested, but I'm certain it's the right one.

La Nouba

Back