Pontiac G6 song

dgslater

Reaction score
Does anyone know the song used in the new commerical for the Pontiac G6? It is different from the one used for the Pontiac Torrent. Thanks.

I'd like to know this song too ...

A few more tidbits ...

It's a guy singing ...
Guitar-driven ... sound very much a bluesy-garage rock vibe ...

Possible lyric snippet (although, I would need to see the ad again to get more lyrics and to confirm 100% what I thought I heard) ...

Either ...

"I know what I want"

Or ...

"I want what I want"

Possibly both phrases were mentioned or only one of these phrases was used twice ... with some other lyrics in between ...

Anybody else see this ad?
Anybody got some ideas?
Thanks!

Saw it - loved it looking for it:

Description is good, as far as bluesy, guitar rock.

Lyric I caught: "I know what I want, I know what I get...."

That all I got gang.

Lil' help???

Holy crap, holy crap! ...

Think I found something ...

I've been fiddlin' around with the lyrics I keep hearing in the ad, and I've been Googling the bejesus out of them ...

I can't listen to sound samples, so I can't confirm ...

Is it ...

Robbers on High Street - "Japanese Girls" ???

Found info at this website

Dave’s Double Take Double
A closer look at this week’s hottest singles

By David Allen
Arts & Entertainment Editor

MUSIC REVIEW
The University’s radio station, WVBU, is always playing the best modern rock music from both independent and mainstream artists. This week, I am featuring two strong singles from established rock artists, a weak single from an emerging independent artist and a single with the potential to be a breakthrough hit for a long-unrecognized group. Tune into 90.5 FM, listen for these songs and decide for yourself.

Robbers on High Street—“Japanese Girls”

The band comes out of the same trendy, thriving New York City scene as Interpol and Mercury Rev.

This mid-tempo song features jangly, lightly distorted guitars driven by a bouncing drumbeat. Ben Trokan slurs vague lyrics that hint at romance and relationships over the catchy instrumentals: “You’re gonna leave me when you hear the truth.”

The band turns up the guitars on the chorus as Trokan sings, “Well, I know what I want / if I know I could get it.” With its steady, chugging beats and handclap accents, “Japanese Girls” reminds me of the pop-rock band Fountains of Wayne, but with less clever and incisive lyrics.

I am not even sure how the title of the song fits in; I can tell that Trokan sings the words “Japanese girls” during the song, but the rest of his delivery is so hazy that the lyrics before and after it are indecipherable.

The band’s sound got me interested, but the slurred vocals and unoriginal lyrics left me flat.

For the love of all that is Pontiac-y :p :lol: ... please PLEASE somebody try and confirm this song!

Enjoy!
There you go.

Back