Old Club Music from 95-96

freespirittania

Reaction score
I am looking for a song that I don't remember a lot about but any leads someone can give me would be much appreciated. It's a bit trancy feeling but more upbeat song from around 95-96 or maybe sooner. The main lyrics I remember is a female singing "I can see the moon at night" or "I can see the stars in the sky" or a mix of those two together. They used to play it at the Club me and my sister worked for and I have tried everything, dj music databases, amazon.com, bearshare, lyric searches... you name it I have probably tried it, so any websites that might help or possible artists' names would be great!! P.S. It's not "I see stars" or "Castles in the sky"

If someone knows this I will be overwhelmingly grateful and amazed at the same time... this song has eluded us for 10 years now.

Ok, those words sound super farmiliar! I'm searching..... It's going to drive me crazy! :)

When you say its not I see stars or castles in the sky are you referring to it not being the song Cascada - "Everytime We Touch"?

Farbeyond,

"I see Stars" and "Castles in the Sky" are two seperate songs. By Robin Fox and Ian Van Dahl, respectively.

Yes rees is right, and Farbeyond... It's from 95-96 so it can't possibly be Everytime we touch.... I wish it was that easy... sigh. I hope someone can help. It would be a real miracle, and you'd have two girls jumping for joy!! This has been like trying to find Bigfoot. LOL Thanks to anybody who is trying to help!!!!!!

Thanks for clearing that up, I was asking to make sure the song was older for sure, cuz I know the cascada song is recent.

The song I'm talking about... it kind of sounds like is "I see right through you - DJ Encore" It has that trancy feel to it.... the chorus "I can see the moon in the sky...I can see the stars at night" also reminds me of that song "Fired Up by Funky Green Dogs". I really hope someone knows this genre well and can help.

Ok, it doesn't sound a lot like "Fired Up" but it does have that echoey, watery kinda sound. It's hard to describe, especially since I only remember the chorus and not even sure if those words are in the proper order. This was in the Southern part of the U.S. (If that helps any). Actually, if someone just knows of a website that lists artist and the release dates of their music (dj, club or dance) or something like that, it would help a lot. I'm desperate to find this song!!

Thanks so much for your help Jenny but, I couldn't find it on any of those links. You did give me some new ideas though. I'm going to continue and try to find song lists and databases. I think if I had a list of more obscure songs it may be on there. It wasn't one of the more popular songs and it was usually played later at night. Ok, well wish me luck!! ha! I'll need it and then some.

Aww come on.. doesn't anyone know a dj or have friend of a friend of a dj?? LOL I guess I'm going to have to give up. That totally sucks! Oh well, c'est la vie.

Well I was thinking Enya - Paint the sky with stars or some other song. I'll have to keep looking. <_<

Originally posted by freespirittania@Jun 22 2006, 10:37 AM
Aww come on.. doesn't anyone know a dj or have friend of a friend of a dj?? LOL I guess I'm going to have to give up. That totally sucks! Oh well, c'est la vie.
LOL....I dj, but I didn't back in 95-96 ;)

Don't give up, the search will continue.......

Thanks Jenny for keeping the facts straight! :) I did listen to that song and it is in a similar style but of course, not it. I am now searching in a different genre since dj & dance doesn't seem to have it. I'm trying electronica or even trance... shrugs.
I have even tried yahoo answers and even asking them if they knew any places online I could look and never even got an answer... Waaaaa! :( At least on here someone tries to help. I tell everyone on there to come here if they can't find the name of their songs there. You guys(and girls) are very knowledgable here and usually if you all can't find it then it can't be found... :(

Originally posted by freespirittania@Jun 24 2006, 04:38 AM
You guys(and girls) are very knowledgable here and usually if you all can't find it then it can't be found... :(
dont give up. Ive posted tons of threads trying to identify songs and I pretty much never get the answer here (1or2 answered maybe). most my posts included samples of the music and still no luck, but Ive found quite a few of them on my own since.

how sure are you of the lyrics you heard and how sure are you about the dates you have posted as well??

Hi Kahu.. I'm still looking on places like amazon.com. Just listening to samples from different dance mix cd's and such. I'm very sure of when they played it, however I am not real sure that that is the timeline in which the music was originally released. I am about 85% sure of the lyrics, but not sure what exact order it was in that's why I posted it as two different ways just in case. I'll take any help I can get. This song was only played once or twice in the club usually pretty late at night and that was 10 years ago and unfortunately my memory is getting fuzzy.

Back