Need help finding funny novelty songs

bigdaddycool

Reaction score
I was thinking about a couple of humorous novelty tunes that I heard several years back, and I was hoping this forum could help me with the titles (it's starting to drive me crazy). The first one is a story about a guy who started a band that necided to "never play a note". A good line I remember is: "Silence: music's original alternative." The band gets famous, smashes instruments, and then breaks up.

The second song is a funny story that intertwined different kinds of fish. I'm not sure what else to add, except that there is a line similar to "She drank like a...well, she drank a lot." Not much to go on, I know, but that should at least ring a bell for someone.

Any help finding these songs would be greatly appreciated. Also, I'd like to hear some of the other site members' favorite novelty songs. I think it would be cool to put together a CD of them, so I'd love to hear your suggestions!

Thanks,

Josh

I was thinking about a couple of humorous novelty tunes that I heard several years back, and I was hoping this forum could help me with the titles (it's starting to drive me crazy). The first one is a story about a guy who started a band that necided to "never play a note". A good line I remember is: "Silence: music's original alternative." The band gets famous, smashes instruments, and then breaks up.

The second song is a funny story that intertwined different kinds of fish. I'm not sure what else to add, except that there is a line similar to "She drank like a...well, she drank a lot." Not much to go on, I know, but that should at least ring a bell for someone.

Any help finding these songs would be greatly appreciated. Also, I'd like to hear some of the other site members' favorite novelty songs. I think it would be cool to put together a CD of them, so I'd love to hear your suggestions!

Thanks,

Josh

You asked twice?

The first one could be "Seattle Grunge Rock Blues" by Todd Snider or "Talkin' Seattle" by Todd Snider or "Talking Seattle Grunge Rock Blues" by Todd Snider

http://www.imeem.com/people/988xXR/music/Ilmfd8Me/todd_snider_talking_seattle_grunge_rock_blues/

now to fit in on the seattle scene
you've gotta do somethin' they ain't never seen
so thinkin' up a gimmick one day
we decided to be the only band that wouldn't play a note
under any circumstances
silence
music's original alternative
root's grunge

I know the fish song! It's "Wet Dream" by Kip Adotta. They used to play it on Dr. Demento, it's hilarious!

Back