Joinred.com Commercial on MTV

jabbadeus

Reaction score
Does anyone know the name and artist of the song playing in the background of the Joinred.com commercial currently running on MTV? I even videotaped it, but there's so much overlapping dialogue that I can't make out lyrics to do a Google search.

I swear I know the artist but can't quite put my finger on it. It's a relatively new indie band. Sort of like an amped-up Shins combined with Snow Patrol and TV on the Radio.

In the commercial, several people talk about the power of Join Red, spending money that helps buy drugs, and the drugs fight AIDS, and that helps save lives. It's got normal people and celebrities like Bono, Toni Collette, and the mother from Six Feet Under. Again, it's a lot of talking and overlapping dialogue that obscures the singer's voice. The background / "theme" of the commercial is red.

Thanks in advance...

I havn't seen the exact commercial you are talking about but it sounds like it could be arcade fire's "rebellion (lies)" they used it in one of red ads.

That's it. I just downloaded it. Thanks a million, lithium.

i believe it's Rebellion by the Arcade Fire, but I'm not sure if i'm thinking of the same commercial you are.

is this the same song used in the ad where the guy is walking down the street and all these crowds of people are thanking him...(a girl even gives him a kiss)...because he [joinedred] to save lives. is this the same song???

Back