Ipod Help

Space Cataz

Pro Member
Reaction score
I'm having some problems with itunes.
1. I import all my songs from m3u playlists and add files and folders, when I close Itunes, every song I've ever imported or added gets a ! when I click on it. But when I import a song, the songs will play and the ! disappears.

2. I have USB 2, it takes about 20 seconds for a song to load to my Ipod, when it should be 1. When I load songs, until the songs are loaded, Itunes freezes.

Can anyone help?

Just reinstall windows. That solves everything. And if it doesn't it gives you a whole bunch of OTHER problems to worry about, like reinstalling all the crap you had on your compture before.You'll totally forget about your iPod troubles.

I transfer songs to my mind with my mind using a firewire cable.

Originally posted by Space Cataz@Nov 9 2005, 10:07 PM
I can acess the songs from other computers in my house.
are the songs and iTunes located on different computers? sometimes iTunes thinks the computer where the songs are is inaccessible, and will put a ! sign next to the songs. :unsure:
also make sure your iTunes default directory (default: \MyDocuments\My Music\iTunes) has write access. Sony JukeBox, for example, will make the entire 'My Music' directory read-only, and can mess up iTunes.

No, they are on the same PC
I had a songs folder a long time before I got Itunes. So I set the Itunes Music Folder to be that folder.
Should I put a check in the box that says copy imported files into Itunes music folder.

Back