Familiar melody

Eihtball

Advanced Member
Reaction score
Please go here:

http://www.streetlevelrecords.com/home.htm

Click on the song "The Sun Doesn't Shine" (Track 6) on this album and listen to it.

During the chorus when the hook "In Seattle, the sun doesn't shine" is sung, you hear a simple 8-note keyboard melody being played with tinkling keys. Does anyone know where that's from? It's one of those melodies I've heard in a zillion places before, but I forget what it's called and I can't identify it.

It's not exactly the same, but it does remind me a lot of "Sadeness" by Enigma. I'm sure you've heard this song before. There's some chanting monks, and a female singing "Sade, dis-moi. Sade, donnes-moi." Your rappers may have ripped off this song. I don't know, but "Sadeness" was the first thing that popped into my head when I heard that little keyboard part.

no, that's not the song...but I cant think of it :angry: I can sing it in my head, and I would know it if i heard it, but........................AAAARRRGGGHHHH!!!!

Originally posted by nathanalways21@Nov 3 2005, 10:06 AM
It's not exactly the same, but it does remind me a lot of "Sadeness" by Enigma. I'm sure you've heard this song before. There's some chanting monks, and a female singing "Sade, dis-moi. Sade, donnes-moi." Your rappers may have ripped off this song. I don't know, but "Sadeness" was the first thing that popped into my head when I heard that little keyboard part.
No, it's not "Sadness". Also, this rapper didn't "rip off the song" - he sampled it. Not the same thing - all hip-hop is based upon sampling.

that would be strawberry letter 23 by brothers johnson.

Originally posted by sickboy@Nov 5 2005, 03:34 PM
that would be strawberry letter 23 by brothers johnson.

Excellent, that's it! Thank you very much!

And it seems that Das EFX used the same sample of "Strawberry Letter 23" I was looking for on their song "Whut Goes Around".

Back