everyone probably knows except me

Eihtball

Advanced Member
Reaction score
OK, I've had this song stuck in my head that is probably VERY famous, since I hear it so regularly, but the lyrics are hard to discern and I don't know what it's called. It's obviously from the 80s' (or at least, that's what it sounds like to me), it has a VERY fast club/dance-style beat, the singer is either female or maybe androgynous (most likely the former), and I guess it falls somewhere between synth-pop and new wave.

The only part of the lyrics I can SORTA pick out are something that sounds like "Follow me" (and it's a refrain that's repeated endlessly, before every bar, more or less). Probably everyone knows this song except me, so feel free to laugh if you can figure out which one I'm talking about.

OK, never mind, I found it. And now that I know what it is, you'll probably REALLY laugh at me for not knowing, so I won't say. I'll say this: The refrain is not "follow me".

Originally posted by tapman90@Feb 12 2006, 09:35 AM
sounds like it could be "Call on me" by Eric Prydz -> iTunes link
Yep, that's it, you got it.

Oddly enough, I've been hearing this song a lot in various places, but it doesn't seem to be as famous as I thought. Can anyone give me any background on it?

Okay, I've never heard the full length Eric Prydz version but I remember this tune from waaaayy back. Back then it was called "Valerie" by Steve Winwood from the album "Talking Back to the Night" originally released in 1982. This is the only sample I found that gets to the chorus, it's Track 6 on Disc 4 here:

Sample at Amazon

Back