eBay IT

paxgamers

Reaction score
There is a new ebay commercial with a bunch of "it" stuff and has an older song that is made by a band like the beatles or someone similair with the lyrics "Simply gene". I wondered if anyone could tell me the name of the song/band because I cant remember. Thanks.

Originally posted by bigmisterc@Nov 1 2005, 04:36 AM
That's Daydream Believer by the Monkees...
Thanks. I've never heard the Monkees before so sorry if it was obvious. :p

p.s. Anyone know where I can buy the MP3 of this at?

I know it's "Daydream believer" but the version played on this commercial doesn't sound like the version by The Monkees that I've heard (it sounds better).

Does anyone know what the version is called or who the cover is by?

Unless I'm thinking of a different ad, the music on the eBay IT commercial sounds like just a generic background melody and not a song.

im pretty sure its by a monkees remake to Daydream believer by U2

The Monkees - Daydream Believer

That's the original version, and it sounds the same from what I can tell as the one in the commercial.

Who made the song in the Ebay "it" commercial? The commercial where the guy flips the "it" steak over etc.

Hey, I'm looking for another song from the Ebay commercials. The commercial just goes through a bunch of items that are in the form of IT. It's and old commercial the lryics go something like: "Give up sleepy gene, oh what can it mean." Something like that. It had an upbeat tempo and some high pitched guy singn. If anyone can help that be great.

It's been answered here somewhere ...

The song is ...

The Monkees - "Daydream Believer" (or some cover of it)

Enjoy!
There you go.

Back