Cheerios

Lomitus

Reaction score
Hi All!
I'm a newbie here, so please bear with me :)

I'm trying to find the slow piano blues tune that is used in the Cheerio's commercial...the one where the little kid walks into his parents bedroom with the cerial and tells his dad, "You needs to take some colesteral off of you". His mom says, "Have you been reading the Cheerios box again?" The father says, "he got that off the box?" and later tells the kid, "thats very nice of you...very early...but very nice"...or something to that effect. The commercial is currently running on network TV (don't know about cable...we don't have it, but I would assume it would be).

I'm a musician (classic rock, blues and originals mostly)...guitar, drums and bass and I am currently learning paino/keyboards and this tune sounds like it would be an easy one to learn and would very much help me out...not to mention, it just sounds like a nice piece to play! Was this tune recorded specifically for this commercial or was it taken from some place else...and if so any idea where? BTW...just for the record, I'm not lookin to use this at gigs or for recording or anything...just as a good tune to learn piano blues from :)

Thanks in advance to everyone for their help...I'm truly greatful! This has been driving me nuts since they started running the commecial.

Bright Blessings & Gentle Breezes to all!
Jim Walczak

I don't know the answer to this, but he was so nice about it and provided so much information I'm bumping it so it doesn't get lost.

Basic suggestions are to send an email out to Capitol 1 themselves and/or the advertising firm they hired for the commercial.

Hopefully someone else seeing this will know.
Best of luck

Originally posted by Schuyler@Mar 7 2004, 03:24 AM
Basic suggestions are to send an email out to Capitol 1 themselves and/or the advertising firm they hired for the commercial.
You mean, send an email to Cheerios (or General Mills -- the makers of Cheerios)?

Thanks for the responses...
In fact, I did email Cheerio's directly, their reply was along the lines of "that stuff is done by independant studio and add agencies and we don't keep those records...thanks for enjoying our products", etc.. Needless to say, the quest goes on :-(

I do thank you folks for at least taking the time to look at my post though...I'm grateful for the effort! Maybe with some luck someone else will come up with something, but I'm starting to think that piece was simply recorded strickly for that commercial.

Bright Blessings,
Jim

Back