Bums

Enyone

Pro Member
Reaction score
there is this bum that lives in a little hut kinda by my house. i named Cup of Joe, do you name bums that you see often?

there was this homeless guy who used to come into the store during the summer to cool off and use the bathroom (the managers would let him come in as long as he didn't ask for money or harrass the customers) and they used to call him sticks because he would tie sticks in his hair.
does that count?

I named one Stinky and gave him my pizza crust instead of money so he couldn't spend it on booze.

I haven't named one but there is this one in our town that holds a sign as you're getting off the highway that says, "I won't lie, I want a beer."

Originally posted by Sir_Garland@Jan 25 2007, 10:11 PM
"I won't lie, I want a beer."
:lol: I've seen this guy walk around with a sign that says something like: "I need money to get drunk so two women can take me home and molest me." :lol:

Originally posted by leone+Jan 25 2007, 11:07 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (leone @ Jan 25 2007, 11:07 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Sir_Garland@Jan 25 2007, 10:11 PM
"I won't lie, I want a beer."
:lol: I've seen this guy walk around with a sign that says something like: "I need money to get drunk so two women can take me home and molest me." :lol: [/b][/quote]
:lol: :lol: :lol: He's optimistic anyway.

I always want to take a picture every time I see him but I'm afraid he'll think I'm one of those women. :lol: :ph34r:

Ok so because you live in the burbs means you 've never seen a bum, or the same bum more than once?

there's this other one i saw a lot walking on the seawall, i named him jesus cos he had sweet dreds

I saw three of four bums this one time when we went on vacation to Washington DC. Otherwise all I see are well-dressed panhandlers. <_<

Originally posted by dascoot@Jan 26 2007, 03:02 PM
I saw three of four bums this one time when we went on vacation to Washington DC. Otherwise all I see are well-dressed panhandlers. <_<
I remember a school trip I went on to Washington D.C. and there were homeless people everywhere. One guy wanted us to pay him so he could tell us dirty stories. Two others were playing drumbs with plastic pales and tree branches. Another one was only wearing black plastic garbage bags. It was almost a culture shock for me at the time.

Originally posted by Sir_Garland@Jan 25 2007, 07:11 PM
I haven't named one but there is this one in our town that holds a sign as you're getting off the highway that says, "I won't lie, I want a beer."
:lol: :lol: At least he's honest

Originally posted by drizzt_fan14+Jan 26 2007, 05:14 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (drizzt_fan14 @ Jan 26 2007, 05:14 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Sir_Garland@Jan 25 2007, 07:11 PM
:lol: :lol: At least he's honest [/b][/quote]
Yeah.

I forgot about another homeless I guy I saw on a bench in D.C. He asked me for the newspaper I was carrying so I gave it to him and he said thank you. Then he proceeded to roll the paper, light it with a lighter and smoke it like a cigarette. I couldn't believe what I saw.

Originally posted by farbeyond@Jan 26 2007, 07:23 PM
It was almost a culture shock for me at the time.
Seriously. I was about 11 or 12 when we went to DC and I saw my first bona fide bum, who was just sleeping in the middle of the day on a sewer grate. Until then I honestly thought that that level of homelessness was the thing of movies. I knew people were homeless, my own mom was homeless for a while around that time, but she had a car to keep warm in, and a job.

Back