American Beauty

i did a search and i found this on amazon (i think)
"I got to this album via a review over Thomas Newman's "American Beauty" soundtrack.
A reviewer blamed Thomas Newman for stealing the theme from Jakatta's "Visions".
I was very skeptic, especially because I own many of Thomas Newman's soundtracks and recognize his style, which is very unique and genuine. But most of all, it's *his* style.
Consequently, I had to listen to Jakatta's album "Visions".
And I did.
The melodies in some of the tracks (The Intro, "American Dream", "Strung Out", "My Vision") were exactly like the ones in Newman's "American Beauty". Exactly the same.
Furthermore, I was very surprised to discover that there was also a melody from Cliff Martinez's soundtrack for "Traffic" (i.e. track #2, "It will Be").

In conclusion, this is not a bad album. Frankly, it's quite good. But is it a theft?
Did Jakatta intentionally took the themes, with approval, or did he steal the melodies and didn't credit Thomas Newman and Cliff Martinez?
I can tell for sure that Thoman Newman and Cliff Martinez did not steal from Jakatta.

Sweet and sour, isn't it?"

so i guess it was american beauty after all

do you know which song as it in it?? as the instrumental i am looking for that is

thanks for helping me i really i am soo happy i found it!! your the best!! thanks again! !maybe i should come to you whenever i need help hahah a=]] ;) :p

Hey you know the song "Angela Undress" on American BEauty SOundtrack and i know i have heard it somewhere else in a movie or somewhere can someone tell me where i have heard it before ...is there a longer version of it too

Hey! ! The song "Angela Undress" in American Beauty I know i have heard that song before in a movie or something does anyone know where you have heard it...is there a longer version of it !! let me know!!

Duplicate topics merged.

Please do not start new threads with the same message/post. Thanks.

Anyone know a source? I've tried stores, iTunes. Nothing.

I absolutely LOVE that soundtrack. Any ideas?

dont know if what youre looking for is the same song...but you wanted to know where else you heard one from american beauty.....some of the same or very similar stuff van be found on the six feet under promos on hbo (before it went off). and actually it makes a whole lotta sense cause thomas newman did the music for that series as well

Back