World Cup Chevrolet Univision

TyCLT

Reaction score
The Commercial starts with brazilian (I think - yellow and green colors?) fans anticipating a goal. Everybody is calm, a guy is kissing a cross on his chest, one is biting his nails, an older couple is slowly clapping...etc. You hear the drum beat followed by whistles in the background getting louder. And then guy starts singing something like "Matador, Matador..come estas ..". I don't speak either spanish or portuguese so this is a wild guess on how I hear it.
When he starts singing, fans go crazy cheering (there is a goal -obviously-but they never show it). At the end, there are yellow flags flying everywhere on the stadium and a huge Chevrolet logo appears made out of the them and crowd - in yellow. Then, a male voice says something in spanish - bla bla bla... Chevy Subete. Subete means 'come on board'.

I heard this song before a looong time ago performed by a female singer (about 10 yrs ago) . The song is very upbeat, with afro-brazilian rhytm, drums, whistles, trumpets and a vocal (either male of female) which is very strong and passionate. Somewhere in the song eveybody goes HEY! HEY!.... You just wanna be engaged and scream with it ..with made up words:)

I hope somebody knows this..
Thanks!

Battlecat - Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

It's Los Fabulosos Cadillacs, not Los Famosos Cadillacs. And it is Spanish, since they are from Argentina.

Greetings!! :)

Back