Walgreens in-store

Walgreens

it wasn't Tom Petty or Van Halen or Bryan Adams or Maiden or the Doobies!

I don't even know where to begin with, so I'll just say this: The song was a mature rock male, guitars and all, and he was singing about running, as in I am going to keep on running or I'll never stop running or I will always run or I won't ever stop running but you get the point, it was something about running--away from, or to, I don't know. It was certainly not about exercise or jogging.

Song had an 80's Bruce Willis sound to it, maybe a little like 80's Brian Howe Bad Co. but was possibly something very recent since the production seemed very crisp.

I'm sorry if this is a contemporary standard song, I've been away from music since the 70's. Anyway, anything would help, I don't want to hang out at Walgreens all week hoping for a loop. Thanks!

Re: Walgreens

Try:

Bad Company - "Run With The Pack"
Bruce Springsteen - "Born To Run"
Collective Soul - "Run"
Jackson Browne - "Running On Empty"
Jefferson Starship - "Runaway"
Jo Jo Gunne - "Run Run Run"
Marshall Tucker Band - "Running Like The Wind"
Paul Mccartney & Wings - "Band On The Run"
Reo Speedwagon - "Take It On The Run"
Soul Asylum - "Runaway Train"
Sweet - "Fox On The Run"
The Allman Brothers Band - "No One To Run With"
The Four Tops - "You Keep Running Away"
Yes - "Long Distance Runaround"

Re: Walgreens

I'm not sure if I'm sure why my post merged with the other post, but I'll cope!

As far as songs about running goes, I really thought I covered the bulk but the list provided made me laugh. I had no idea there were so many obvious songs; I see now, this could be work.

At any rate, thanks for the Marshall Tucker cue. It's not what I was looking for, but I'll take it any time. Thanks again!

Was the genre of the song you are looking for similar to any of the songs in the list I provided?

I keep hearing a song at Walgreens and the words are hard to distinguish. They sound like . . . Oh we went downtown . . . whssss scary? It's a female singing. It plays everyday. It's obviously not these words, cuz nothing comes up when I type them in to search engines.

Re: Song from Walgreens Radio

Since I work there, it's very hard sometimes to pull alot of words from a song. I keep hearing a song that sounds like a 90s era song, and the words "Do you understand" are in the chorus. I can't give much more info, unless I'm able to pull more from it later. Any help is greatly appreciated!

I have a similar problem sometimes when things arent too busy and i'm doing something to occupy my workday like build a display or rework a side panel i'll listen to the music and try and catch song lyrics to new songs that catch my ear. If i'm not directly under a speaker in the store it's almost impossible with some songs and even still more impossible with other songs even when i am. There is this one song that plays on the more contemporary hits block and the lyrics are almost undistinguishable. It goes something like " blah blah blah blah blah blah The way down " blah blah blah blah blah the way down" or something to that effect. It doesn't play as often as " She Had Diamonds on the Inside" or say "Over It" so it's hard to catch it. Does anyone else think they heard or know that song.

Music I heard at Walgreens

I work at a Walgreens in Arkansas, and whenever I hear something I like, I whip out my my phone and use a song identifier to find it. Sometimes I can't find the song with it, and I'll have to write down what lyrics I can hear and Google them. Google (and many other search engines) didn't help, so I'm coming to you guys here for some (hopefully) closure.

This is what I heard:

This gypsy woman got no...

...heart of gold... ...heart of stone...

She's gonna burn you down...

If I recall correctly, these lyrics should be in order.

Thanks for taking the time to read/research this!

Friggin' Walgreens

I keep hearing a song, and I can't make out enough of it to find it anywhere.

The only actual word I can ever make out, at least I think, is 'somewhere'. It's a slow kind of song, moody sounding, with a slow electric guitar. Not a lot to go on, I know... but it sounds like a cool song.

Back