United Methodist Church

drizzt_fan14

Pro Member
Reaction score
The commerical had this woman walking around and she comes to her house and finds a present there. The music is really nice, kind of ambient like.

i guess it's another one of those that's only made for the ad

Not looking for the Christmas ad, but a more recent one.
I'm looking for the "world" music used in the current suite of ads, but perhaps it is only made for the commercials.

I'm looking for a song that was playing for an UMC commercial awhile back. It had a woman carrying a box through a city before she finally gave it to an old man (I believe). It can be viewed on the following website and is known as "The Gift".

http://www.umc.org/site/c.gjJTJbMUIuE/b.78...Commercials.htm

It was on earlier this year and I couldn't find it. Any advice is appreciated.

Buntin Group was the ad agency. MacGuffin Films produced it with Jimmy Collins directing.

It sounds like a remix of an old Moby tune to me. Probably from the Play album. Or maybe the B-sides album. I'll give them a listen later today.

Thank you both for informing me of the artist. Do you know what album a remix of "Rushing" might be on, or was it made specifically for the commercial?

I do not know that. However the album Play by Moby should make you happy if you did that spot's music. At one time the album held the record for money made for licensing tracks to commercials. It is a solid disc and you will recognize many of the tunes from spots and soundtracks.

Does anyone have any idea if the music used in the "Journey" ad for the United Methodist Church is a pre-existing piece, or was it created for the ad?

Here's a link:

http://archives.umc.org/interior.asp?mid=9627

Please let me know if you have any idea who did the music and if it's available as a recording.

Thanks very much.

maxruehl,

i know how you feel i have been looking for the music to the journey commercial for a very long time. last year i took a chance and emailed the united methodist church with the hopes of getting an answer, and i got one but not the one i was looking for.

the music for the journey commerical along with all of the other tv commericals by the united methodist church was composed by nashville based composer leonard wolfe. according to the ministry the music was composed specifically for the commercial and has not been released to the public. i have been unable to find out any information about this composer so i do wish you luck. if you do find something further than what i have posted here, please please PLEASE email me at lusciousbunny03(at)aol.com

good luck in your search!
angela

Hi folks!

Okay i followed up on the link given by the last poster (thanks!) the email i recieved from the UMC actually spelled his name incorrectly, i believe the Leonard Wolf that was found by the former poster is the right person, unfortunately the link that he posted doesnt work (dont worry i am posting the right one, thanks logan!!!!!!!) hehe you are now my new best friend : )

But here goes

http://www.filmnashville.org/nashville_music/

Also I went on the site and was able to find the direct site to Leonard Wolf, here is that one:
http://www.wolfmusic.com/home.html

I do not know if he has the Journey music for download or publication or what but I will be looking into it now, the ad music is just piercing, so hopefully I will find a way to get to it :)

Good Luck all!!!
Angela

This has been playing on CNN and it's a nice instrumental piece of music. No words, no real way of describing it other than how I did. I saw there were some UMC threads in 2006 and 2007 by people looking for similar music. Anyone know who they use for their music? Sounds nice.

Ah, I just saw it twice. It has people with what looks like TV monitors attached to them. The voiceover says something like, "whatever you feel like inside... ", etc. An instrumental piece of music plays in the background. Anyone?

I sent an email to UMC this afternoon asking them about it. The worst that can happen (aside from getting no response) is that the music was made special for the ad and is not commercially available. If I get any encouraging news, I will post back.

I was able to find a website for Leonard Wolf Music in Nashville and I sent them an email regarding this music. UMC did mention to me that the music was produced specifically for the ad so I am not holding my breath on this. I would think that, at the very most, I may be able to get my hands on a 60-second file or something. I will post back if I get a response worth sharing.

Back