TVO Sunday Night at the Cinema

DJSavvy

Reaction score
Okay, I'm pretty sure this is gonna be tricky, but I thought I'd try anyway. TVO used to have a program called Sunday Night at the Cinema, where they played kind of artsy movies (one time I watched Cyrano de Bergerac). Anyway, it had its own little theme song and they played it during a mantage of the movies they played on Sundays. I think there was a clip of a Mel Gibson movie, but I couldn't tell you which one--just that it's definitely an earlier film.
Basically, it's instrumental and my mom claims to have heard it somewhere else before as well. It's very pretty. If anyone has any clue, that would be awesome.
I hope I am not repeating a topic, but I promise I searched it to the best of my abilites! :D

Upon calling TVO I was able to get a name for the composer of the piece in question (Philip Stern). However, the music seems to have been composed especially for TVO; it is not available for sale and has no title. It is supposedly featured on their program Film 101 as well, so I will check that out sometime too.
I have to say, though, that TVO was awesome in getting back to me! B)

I don't think I'm entirely convinced that the Film 101 music was the music I was talking about. I will just let it go for now and hope I'll find out somehow one day.

I realize that no one has responded to my posts, but I figure someone might one day come across this thread and want to know the answer--if only for curiosity's sake.
The story of how I arrived at the anwer:
I was shown this short light-humour clip in a class presentation about Castells's theory of the network society. The clip earned itself a place in my heart and was replayed for my family. Upon hearing it, my mom recognized it ("Chariots of Fire," the famous movie theme) as being the music in question.
While she was not exactly right, her instinct was on the money. In fact, upon searching iTunes, we landed on this album and explored the tracks. Inevitably, we clicked on "L'Opera Sauvage" and, at long last, we knew relief.
In short, the ANSWER is "L'OPERA SAUVAGE" by Vangelis.

Originally posted by DJSavvy@Sep 16 2008, 01:23 AM
I realize that no one has responded to my posts, but I figure someone might one day come across this thread and want to know the answer
Thanks for providing the answer -- it's always appreciated. ;)

Back