Travelers Insurance claymation

Compudoc

Reaction score
This is fairly new commercial for Travelers. It has characters in it that resemble Claymation characters.

The music is a "snappy" instrumental tune that I recognize from my younger days. I believe it was used as a "game show" theme back in the early to mid 1960s. It was out about the same time as the old "Match Game" which had the theme song "Swinging Safari".

Anyone know the title of the tune?

Thank you!

Re: New Travelers Insurance commercial

I don't know the commercial, but your description made me think of a couple Herb Alpert tunes that I believe may have been used in game shows. Perhaps somehow one of these will be the song you seek...

I too was looking for this information. I ended up downloading Shazaam on my iPhone and playing the commercial over. Shazaam verified that it was Puffin' Billy which was the theme to Captain Kangaroo.

Thank you to taysue, UniquegirlinPa, and Mariebst. I knew it sounded familiar...

I am SO glad I found this website. That tune has been driving me completely NUTS! I was all over YouTube trying to figure out what this tune was from. It haunted me day and night! I knew it was from around the 60's but I couldn't remember if it was from a game show, TV show, commercial or cartoon.
Thank you! I now have piece of mind once again....

And thanks from me also. One of those "Darn, I KNOW that tune". I was thinking of a "Father knows Best" type of show, but not "Father knows Best".

Love Herb Alpert, but knew it was not that.

HmS in PA

Thanks Mariebst UniquegirlinPA Compudoc . I haven't heard that music since i was a kid and it was really bugging me that i couldn't connect it to a T.V. show. My know it all brother in law said Donna Reed but i wasn't convinced. Can't wait to tell him he was wrong!

I believe the Traveler's Insurance claymation commercial music is from the theme song of Captain Kangaroo

I'm glad I found this site. That music was driving me crazy. Brings back fond memories of the Captain, Mr. Greenjeans, Mr. Moose, and Bunny Rabbit!

Back