The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time

Yeah, this question has been floating around amongst Zelda fans since the trailer came out...

No one seems to recognize it as being from anything pre-existing, so a lot of people have come to the conclusion that it's quite possibly actual music from the new game. Which would mean that Zelda 2005 would be using an orchestrated score, which, if done right, could be quite awesome. :)

Now, keep in mind, that that's just speculation and conjecture. No one I've talked to seems to know for sure, but I definately haven't seen anyone step forward and prove that the music was pre-existing to begin with, so it is still entirely possible that were dealing with a piece from Zelda 2005's original soundtrack. Time will tell, I suppose, as more info about the game is unveiled. :)

I don't think it's classical because the style doesn't sound appropriate. The chord progressions indicate it was most likely composed in the past 50 years. I believe if I remember correctly it's called "Progressionism." Philip Glass does a lot of work in the style, but with a dark undertone usually. Or this song has been modernized a lot because the rhythms and style are very modern.

Sounds like something out of a movie. Probably preparing for battle or even a trailer. I believe I've heard it before, but my remembering where is like finding a needle in a haystack.

My best suggestion, look into artists similar to David Arkenstone and John Williams. Pretty wide spectrum right there, but it should narrow down the composers a bit as it is not true progressionism. If you wanna keep checking classical artists, I suggest looking up English and German composers first.

I wish I could really give you a decisive answer, but I can't. All I can offer you are my opinions and guesses based on what I hear from it and my experiences with editing.

The Legend Of Zelda Ocarina of Time

The is an old ad from The Legend Of Zelda Ocarina of Time game, but y cant find the full theme, I know that most of Zelda ads has the Riddle of Steel/Riders of Doom theme, but this one is a little bit different and its the one I’ve been looking for so may years:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-SlvKGF1Ho

Any Idea?

THX for All.

I have been searching for the name of this song for a LONG time. No it is not the one in the trailer posted above. Luckily I still have the file from 1996 (yeah I know, amazing) and have uploaded it to Youtube in hopes someone on here can help me. The song I am interested in is the last part of the trailer starting at around 2:10 and going to the end. I have run it through Shazam etc with no success, maybe because there are gameplay noises in there as well. I have also heard the music randomly on a TV spot for Lost during a football game a few years back. Any help would give me some peace from this annoyance of the last 14 years!

There is an alternate version by Prague Philharmonic found on the Cinema Choral Classic CD

OK so, this beautiful piece of music has been bugging me for a long while. Its the only commercial I ever saw for Ocarina of Time, and the score stuck with me ever since.

Should I just go ahead and assume that this is yet again another track made exclusively for use by Nintendo, and therefore abandon all my hopes of every finding a clean, high quality version?

Back