TBS The Comedy Festival

gamemaster1019

Reaction score
Okay, anyone know THIS tune? I've heard it off-and-on in various tv spots (it was used all the time in the WB's Kids WB lineups [during those "coming up next" interstitials last fall]), but the TBS spot is a very current example. Ideas, anyone?

-"The Master"

(I can't believe I forgot to add my usual signoff to this first post!)

Okay, excuse the bump here, but you can't possibly be telling me that nobody on these forums knows this tune. Come on, it's not that obscure and unknown. Somebody's gotta know this one. ...........Right?

-"The Master"

Okay, I've already said how much I hate message board bumps, but this is ridiculous. This thread has been viewed some 50 times in the last 4 days alone, and still no one knows this (very, VERY relatively) common song???? Am I the only one significantly peeved about this? Come on, people! I've seen some of you guys nail the toughest songs out there! Someone's gotta pull the proverbial rabbit out of the hat eventually!!!! Wild guesses! Audio rips! SOMETHING!!!!!

.......................God, I hate not knowing this #*&% song.

-"The Master"

I want to know the same thing!!! I understand your pain... Unfortunately i can't help, but i do recognize it from SOMEWHERE... just dont know where.

THANK GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!! For a minute there, I was getting worried that nobody watches TBS anymore! Except for the Seinfeld reruns, of course. Seriously, though, it's good to know that I'm not the only one here who REALLY needs to know this song. Hopefully, though, this won't turn into one of those threads that no one can answer but is (barely) kept alive by an endless string of bumping and hilarious (ahem) posts that are the only reason people pay any attention to them at all instead of just letting that simple original question quietly fade into obscurity, slowly driving the original poster mad with obsession... Resulting in a neverending cycle of waking up in a cold sweat in the middle of the night after subconsciously singing that &*%# song while sleeping and TiVo-ing the original commercial during the day, just for the music, but can't rip the audio to the computer because the proper hardware is too %^&!-ing expensive, Google searches left and right... OH, GOD, I'LL NEVER KNOW THIS %&*#@#$^ SONG!!!! OH, $^%&, THAT SONG IS PLAYING IN MY HEAD AGAIN!!!! MAKE IT STOP!!! PLEASE MAKE IT STOP!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

.....But anyway, before I get caught up in a rant, it would be great if someone actually knew this song instead of helping me bump this post into activity again and again.

What? Stop looking at me that way! I said, stop looking at me that way! I'm not crazy! Did you hear me?? I'M NOT CRAZY!!!!!!! OH, GOD, THAT SONG IS PLAYING AGAIN!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!

Ahem. Thanks for the help.

-"The (not crazy) Master"

P.S. I'm still not crazy.

................................(*twiddles thumbs)......................................................

Originally posted by Enigmatic@Nov 2 2005, 04:58 PM
I want to know the same thing!!! I understand your pain... Unfortunately i can't help, but i do recognize it from SOMEWHERE... just dont know where.
.................At least, I guess TBS is where I think you might have heard that song before, Enig. This "Comedy Festival" spot isn't the first time TBS has used that tune, if memory serves.

Okay, I'll shut up now.

...................................................I'm still not crazy.

i have noooooooo idea what you are talking about...........*bumps back to active state*

Originally posted by ensayne@Nov 2 2005, 11:00 PM
i have noooooooo idea what you are talking about...........*bumps back to active state*
Oh, come on! That TBS/HBO The Comedy Festival ad airing now. It's not running on HBO, just TBS. At least I think it's not on HBO. I don't really pay a lot of attention to HBO anymore, especially since the new Sopranos season started getting significantly pushed around. Anyway, like I said it's the one with that O.D. of harmonica music in the background! No lyrics or anything, so I can't really describe it further...

Still waiting on someone to get a vidcap on these boards...

-"The Master"

Sigh...

Well, here's your daily recommended dosage of post bumping.

-"The Master"

Okay, people. I give up. I don't know who to blame more: TBS for not showing this commercial enough, or the "pro" song identifiers on these boards who apparently either haven't done one of the 120+ views of this thread over the last week alone, or clearly aren't as "pro" as they let on. If any of them are actually reading this particular post, I apologize for my anger and anxiety with this ad, but darn it! Of all message boards, I thought this one would help! You people should be ashamed of yourselves! .............Or watch more TBS. Ah, forget it.

By the way, believe it or not, I'm still not crazy.

-"The Master"

Okay, I have no choice but to revive ths thread. Seriously, SOMEONE has to know this darn song!

-"The Master"

Back