Strange Days

robinsegg

Reaction score
Okay, here is a backwards request, I know the song but not the film. The song is Three Birds by Bob Marley

In the movie, the heroine (Juliette Lewis?) wakes up and the song is on her clock radio. Any clues?

What is the melody that plays throughout the movie, and also on the DVD menu? There is a cello or something being used in it. It almost sounds like music by Eric Serra, the guy who did the music for The Fifth element. COuld you help please? thanks

PS. This song isnt on the OST.

Im thinking it might be:

"Samsara"
Written by Johnny Mori
Performed by Kinnara Taiko , but im not sure.

I have been looking for some of he songs to this movie for a very long time. The one that is used in the trailer... and throughout the movie....

R~

I think the one used near the end of the theatrical trailer is on the soundtrack, its "Selling Jesus", they played this a couple times through the movie and especially near the end of where the bald chick was on stage performing. The one used on the teaser is The Real Thing by Lords Of Acid. Both these trailers were on the DVD so I dont know if you saw another version. The one im looking for was used extensively throughout the movie, during monologues and dramatic scenes and you hear it on the DVD menu.

Selling Jesus-Skunk Anasaziie (I'm not sure of the spelling), great song. :rolleyes:

You posted this on IMDb, too, didn't you? Well, I have the DVD and I put it in after having read your question. I actually haven't watched the DVD since I bought it, except for some special features (I saw the movie when it came out, though). Anyway, I'm pretty sure that Graeme Revell composed the score. Deep Forest also contributed to some parts of it. Listening to the menu music, it could be from an actual song, but I think it's just part of the score, which is not available anywhere, to my knowledge. You could always try to contact Graeme and ask if he'll put it on his webiste, if you're dying to have it.

At what point in the movie does this piece play? If it's played in the background quite often, then it's definitely part of the score...more-than-likely. :) I'll listen for it when I actually sit down and watch the movie. I'm always buying DVDs, especially TV shows, so it's hard for me to get around to seeing all of them when I first buy them.

Yep, I asked on IMDB. Were you the one who referred me to this site? Its nice, thanks. Anyway, if you listen carefully, it plays when Lenny and Lornette goes to Philo's club to question Faith about Iris and Jericho. I think its called Samsara. I put Samsara in amazon and listened to some samples and they all pretty much sound like they use the same instruments and ambiance. Now to try to contact Graeme Revell to make sure lol.

Back