Shasta!

dumbduck

Reaction score
I am looking for a video or sound bit of a 1980's tv commercial for the Coca Cola product Shasta. I believe there was a man playing the piano singing, "don't give me that so so soda, that same old cola, I wanna rock and rolla, I want a pop, I want a Shasta!" I have tried looking for it everywhere and contacted the Shasta company about it (No longer a Coca Cola Company). But I have not been able to access it. If anyone has ANYTHING about this topic please leave a link or email me at SundaysWithScott@gmail.com thanks.

I believe there was a man playing the piano singing, "don't give me that so so soda, that same old cola, I wanna rock and rolla, I want a pop, I want a Shasta!"

That is what it contained, I do don't think this is the same add as the one with the woman singing about diet shata. I remember it differently. I think someone may have been dancing.

Here is an extremly detailed description of the commericail I am looking for, I didn't write it but it is the commmercial I am looking for.

The setting: a gentleman (dark brown curly hair) on a black classical piano on stage with a Shasta soda can already opened and is playing piano. He plays simple harmonic chords and sings, "Don't give me that so-so soda...that same old cola..." He takes a drink and in a second, suddenly, the stage magically has flashing lights, the pianist turns into a professional musician, the piano turns from black to white, and the keys on the piano glow a rainbow of colors (the black keys remain black)and some electronic 80's voices take over singing the chorus: "I wanna rock and roll'a..." (a triplet of penguins with shades are now dancing on the top of the piano in front of the pianist who now has cool shades on is moving his shoulders to the song) The electronic voices keep singing: "I wanna pop...I wanna...<*electronic squeal> SHASTA!" with an electronic arpeggio in the background The man continues singing, "I wanna the of that great taste... Shasta, yeah!" The electronic voices keep singing and the penguins with shades keep dancing as he takes another sip and the keyboard plays by itself for him: "I wanna pop...I wanna...<*electronic squeal> SHASTA!" with electronic arpeggio The man does a Michael Jackson spin then sings: "I wanna thrill, I want a wow! (very quick and subtle whisper of woman's background voice says: "Taste it!") Then the man and electronic voices harmonize, "Oh, I want it now!!!" He takes another sip again! Then a separate white scene with one of the penguins dancing to the song that is still playing dances in front of a can of Shasta as the electronic voices sing: "I wanna pop!" I wanna... <*electronic squeal as penguin takes a sip from the straw> "SHASTA!" with the electronic arpeggio in the background... music fades... commerical fades out...

I am still looking for help on this, if anyone has any information about this please post it. Even if it is a link to another website forum discussing the issue. Thankyou
Mr. Duck

Back