Sears "Thank You Sale"

artgeek

Reaction score
Sears "Thank You Sale"

I'm looking for the song name and performer for the very upbeat, scat-like song in the Sears "Thank You Sale" commercial. There are no lyrics, just a female voice singing nonsense (eg, "babbaddababba-ba-ba").

The video clip can be seen here: http://www.searsmedia.com/gallery/video/digital/

You need to click on/download "ShoppingSpree_ThankYouSale.wmv"

Thanks in advance! :>

For those only hearing the audio track, the commercial features an African-American woman holding her Sears card up to various items (a refrigerator, a TV) and a voice-over about how using your Sears card during this sale you get a bonus 10% off.

I know for certain that this is a commercially available song (ie, not made specifically for the commercial) because I heard an interview with the band maybe a year ago (World Cafe? Some program like that!) and have been trying to remember their name ever since. :D

ETA--FWIW, I've already searched the archives and this song is NOT Malkmus, The Pernice Brothers, Spinto Band, Ursula 1000 or Nikka Costa. Really. ;)

Long time coming (check the date of the original post here) ...

I think I may have an answer ...

As dumb luck would have it, browsing through the CDs at my local music store, I came across a CD that intrigued me enough to listen to the sound samples right then and there ... and this elusive song was on there!

Without further delay ...

The Mosquitos - "Boombox" - CD: The Mosquitos

CDUniverse sound sample - track 2

Enjoy!
There you go.

Back