Red Dead Revolver

Wow I can't believe we missed this...
The song in question is heard in Kill Bill 2, when Uma Thurman is talking about how the shooting has become a legend. The soundtrack does have a lot of Ennio Morricone songs, but I can't find one that is an exact match, although "L'Arena" is quite close and similar, it's not the song.

*Sigh* Back to the drawing board on that one. I was hoodwinked or somethin..

I watched Kill Bill part 2... the part in question doesn't have the song.. I did however download a song which had Uma Thurman speaking that exact same part from the movie, over the song from Red Dead Revolver, but I have found out that it was apparently part of a mix tape, called Dirty Harry Presents: Red Dead Revolver. But it is interesting that so much Ennio Morricone music is in both Kill Bill movies, AND this song was put in as a *background* to that spoken part of Kill Bill.

http://mixtapekingz.com/hiphop/djs/dirty_h...ad_revolver.asp

The really odd part is most of that music has no connection that I'm aware of, to the Red Dead Revolver game, at least I find it hard to imagine rap in a Country/western shoot out game set in the 1800s or earlier. But then, I've never played RDR. Btw, the track I heard that tricked me was track 18 - "Skit II"

sorry i forgot to state what track im on about. RED DEAD REVOLVER theme (one on the commercial).

Ok, I found it and I am enjoying the music right now.

You can trust me on this 'cause I just NOT ONLY got the film (Il Pistolero Dell' Ave Maria) on DVD (which is great) but ALSO the CD soundtrack. Here is the info:

The track that you hear as soon as you enter the Red Dead Revolver is indeed "Balata Per Un Pistolero" de Roberto Predagio (not F. Micalizzi).

The reason why most people are either not able to get the music and/or think that is a composition by F. Micalizzi or F. Micalizzi with Roberto Predagio is simple: a CD sountrack exclusive for "Il Pistolero.." was never released.

But here is the good news:

First I got the DVD, which confirmed not only that IT WAS from that film but also that the composer is Roberto Predagio (ONLY). Then it took me a lot of research and tracking down and a couple of phone calls to Oxford, England to find out that what they released instead a CD that combines both soundtracks:

"Il Pistolero dell' Ave Maria" starring Leonard Mann (first 14 tracks) by Roberto Predagio and "Lo Chiamavano Trinita" (They called him Trinity, starring Terence Hill) second 13 tracks by F. Micalizzi.

The CD is mostly promoted as the soundtrack for "Lo Chiamavano" and in many instances people neglect the fact that is 2 soundtracks in one CD. Also when you find it, it is sold as a composition by both musicians together, which is not the case.

Where do you find it:

Movie Grooves
60s & 70s Soundtracks & Library Music
PO Box 1413, Oxford, OX4 4WW, UK
Tel: (01865) 426905
http://www.moviegrooves.com
sales(at)moviegrooves.com
info(at)moviegrooves.com

BUT WAIT:

It is such a rare piece that they don't have it in the website, that's why I had to call and have it play it to verify it. Because I purchased from them before, they open the sealed CD (they won't do it for everyone but this post should be enough for you to just call or email them (address to Col). It's a collector's piece so it goes for 29 GBP (UK Pounds). You can tell him/them that Ricardo referred you so get the correct soundtrack (which is NOT "A Sky full of stars for a roof" with actor Guilliano Gemma.

The film can be purchased on DaaVeeDee Store at eBay and you can email them at info(at)daaveedee.com - It's listed as "Forgotten Pistolero"(Gunman of Ave Maria)it's PAL and had English, Italian and German versions of the film in it. It's sealed new - nothing pirated there (costs USD 22.99)

Cheers,

Ricardo Mamood-Vega

Originally posted by Y2Joel@Aug 7 2008, 12:09 PM
This Website shows all the composers and the names of the songs
So does this site/thread. ;)

Back