Pontiac

mikeyfaces

Reaction score
Looking for a song for the new G6 commercials.
They feature one black and one white hard top convertible vertically oriented and merging together.
Please help!
Mike

Hey all! New here--Mikey--is the G6 ad the one with mostly silver and bubbles floating around with like people's faces in them? If it is I would also like to know the song.

This isn't the one with the beating heart, then the person and the care are sorta drawn in around them, is it?

Mikey - I just checked out the Pontiac website...more importantly the Pontiac Garage, and it has the commercial there, it does say it's Mercury Rev "Secret For A Song".

Not sure, MajorMarvelVixen.
Same with you TheAdversary. Is that adver-sary or adverse-sary? :)
It is not the Mercury Rev song. I repeat it is not the Mercury Rev song.

It also isn't the Kasabian commercial, BUT it does sound like a spacey Oasis song. - Mike

I CAN'T FIND AN ANSWER ANYWHERE, UG!
I checked Pontiac's site and it definitely isn't any of those.

I think it actually might be Club Foot by Kasabian... that was the Pontiac G6 commercial I was looking for. If it isn't sorry... You can also try Son's Gonna Rise by Citizen Cope.

okay look for the post Pontiac Commercial answered. There is a list of all pontiac songs I was able to find. One of them has to be the one you are looking for.

Long shot (cause it's actually a solstice commercial, but there are merging convertibles...) but is it "I Love You" by the Dandy Warhols?

No, it's not that. I give up.
ADTunes can't help on this one.
I'll give it another month and let the commercial run it's course and then ask again.
Mike

Sorry about that. Have you tried contacting them? Since they put (most of) the music up on their website they probably get these inquiries from time to time anyway, and it seems like they'd be good about answering it. I'd do it for you, but I haven't seen the commercial myself to describe it. Good luck!

The song is:

Quicksilver by theShining

I had read that it might be this, but could not find the song to download.

So, I bought the CD off Amazon.com Marketplace.

There, in case anyone in the future would like to know.

coneyisland you rock! i've been looking for this song for like a month now.

Originally posted by mikeyfaces@Oct 5 2006, 04:10 PM
The song is:

I had read that it might be this, but could not find the song to download.

So, I bought the CD off Amazon.com Marketplace.

There, in case anyone in the future would like to know.
THANK YOU SO MUCH!

I have been looking for this song since the commercial aired over a year ago. All of the music ad sites would just link the commercial but with different songs being played. I would have thought I was crazy if I hadn't recorded both commercials long ago to reference. Thanks again! (That's both of the songs I've been looking for over a year now that I've found in the span of two hours, hooray!)

The song plays on the "Pontiac G6 - Opposites" and "Pontiac G6 - Build Yours" commercials for clarification to others.

Originally posted by Whoops+Dec 14 2007, 01:21 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Whoops @ Dec 14 2007, 01:21 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-mikeyfaces@Oct 5 2006, 04:10 PM
The song is:

[snip]
THANK YOU SO MUCH!

I have been looking for this song since the commercial aired over a year ago. [snip][/b][/quote]

http://www.myspace.com/theshiningband

"Quicksilver" by The Shining

Get it at Amazon.

;)

(The other song mentioned "Gold" by Klee is also pretty good.

http://www.myspace.com/kleeband )

Back