Pedigree

Bellamonkey

Reaction score
New(er) ad where little dogs act big...i.e. tug-of-war with a string tow with a much bigger dog. There is a Piano-type music...I LOVE it. Anyone know?

I was wondering about this, too, and I think it's Django Reinhardt. Can anyone confirm this?

hmmmm! I have a ten cd volume of his music...but now I don't remember the ad, just that I loved it! heh heh.... I *guess* I'll just have to go watch TV all day until I find the ad... ;)

...I'm reading my first post...what the HELL is a "string tow"?? I don't even know what I MEANT to say. Sorry for my inane spelling/making up words...

I just saw that "small kibble" Pedigree commercial today, and replayed it several times on TiVo. It sounds like an older recording or rather a more primitive recording technology (1940's maybe?). I don't believe it's Django Reinhardt—I've also got a large collection of his recordings—but I'm almost certain that the three instruments in the recording are drums, a standup bass (or "bass fiddle") and...a ukulele. Which is part of what made the commercial funny to me and gave it just a little touch of genius.

I'll be searching for that recording.

The music was done by a professional commercial song outfit from Venice, California, called "MoPhonics", and was written by Stephan Altman. (Source: adweek.com)

MoPhonics do have songs on their Web site for your listening pleasure, but I don't find this particular bit of music...yet. You can find them at

http://mo-pho.com/

Franko, there is no other thing to say but that you really do rock. Thank you so much for figuring this out...

I wrote an email to Mophonics and here was their response today...

"Pedigree 'Big' is not yet available. We plan to inquire with the Agency
about doing a co-release.

Best,
(name of sender)

PS: Mophonics will formally begin releasing music on iTunes next week.
Keep searching."

Back