PBS promo

drewsky

Reaction score
There is a promo airing for PBS, it shows shots from different PBS shows, has a guy singing and the main chorus goes "...I can tell that we are gonna be friends..."

It may be the opening scene song from "Napoleon Dynamite" if it is, then it's

Thomas Wilburn -- We Are Going To Be Friends

there was a piano jazz song played in a PBS promo and the slogan for the promo was "Be More" the same song is being played in the merry maids promo where the woman comes into her house and screams and it scares the two maids that are working in her house does anyone know what that song is.

Originally posted by leone@Nov 9 2007, 10:01 AM
Maybe "We're Going To Be Friends" by The White Stripes
Sweet, it was the White Stripes. Thanks!

I'm fairly positive that the piano trio jazz piece for the Merry Maids was created specifically for the commercial. The piano gliss before she whoops, the Basie chord when the maids smile.
But higher authorities would know for sure.
If you want something that sounds like that, try Oscar Peterson's Night Train CDs, Vol. 1 and 2.

There's another commercial that's run during the PBS Kids slots (like the 'We Are Going to Be Friends' tune), black and white accented with that lime-ish green. The commercial features a lot of celebrities with children (doesn't appear to necessarily be THEIR children) -- there's Liam Neeson, LeVar Burton, Jamie Lee Curtis, Jane Krazys...eh, the mom from Malcolm in the Middle, and a bunch of others.

I'm assuming the song is called 'Only You,' as it's the bulk of the lyrics.

Any help would be appreciated!

i've heard the tune in other commercials ...maybe it is just a comercial peice but would sure love to know if it is

Originally posted by drewsky+Nov 12 2007, 10:52 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (drewsky @ Nov 12 2007, 10:52 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-leone@Nov 9 2007, 10:01 AM
Maybe "We're Going To Be Friends" by The White Stripes
Sweet, it was the White Stripes. Thanks! [/b][/quote]
The Jack Johnson version is really good too. It's on the Curious George soundtrack.

Though apparently not a hot topic fo rmany, in the case anyone else is interested -- the song I was looking for is indeed "Only You," apparently by NRBQ. Never would have guessed.

Back