Oldie Song

KanMan

Reaction score
Hi,

I Have been on the lookout for this song for quite some time now. I do have a clip for the song but I will not post it since it could be considered illegal. If you would like to help me further I would be happy to send you the clip elsewhere.

The song is sung by a women, it sounds like something from the 80's and it has a dark hip hop beat to it.

The Lyrics:

is there any love in this world.
do you see the way, i dream for you, i dream for you...

I do not know the Artist of course.

maybe you could help?
thanks in advance :D

This is a stab in the dark, but is it possible the lyrics could be "I feel for you" rather than "I dream for you"? There's a song from 1984 called "I Feel For You" by Chaka Khan. Again, this is just a guess!

No I'm sorry, It couldnt be I have studied the clip over and over again and the words are pretty clear. And the chaka song is a way to up beat to match the clip.

If you would like me to upload the clip somewhere I could, I just can't remember where i found it. Either amazon or something similar. And i'm kinda hesitating to post it with the big red bold print above

Warning: Do not post or request files. This is not a file sharing forum

The clip would actually probably get us somewhere

Originally posted by KanMan@Nov 14 2006, 01:04 AM
And i'm kinda hesitating to post it with the big red bold print above

Warning: Do not post or request files. This is not a file sharing forum
If it's an Amazon sample, it's okay. The stuff in the red refers to full-length songs.

That doesn't really sound like it's from the 80s or has a hip hop beat. It sounds more like Zero 7 or something. It's kind of like indie/electronica. My guess is that the song is a lot newer than you think. Cool song, but I dunno who does it. Where did you hear it/record it from?

Originally posted by KanMan@Nov 14 2006, 01:04 AM
Warning: Do not post or request files. This is not a file sharing forum.
The RIAA (and various other companies, agencies, copyright holders, etc.) makes no distinction as to the length, quality, intent, etc. of song clips/files posted for download. More importantly, those same companies don't necessarily have to be "right" to assert claims of infringement.

We get contacted about this sort of thing all the time by outside parties.

Please do not post download links to the many file sharing/hosting sites out there.

Originally posted by thesassycynic@Nov 14 2006, 10:23 AM
That doesn't really sound like it's from the 80s or has a hip hop beat. It sounds more like Zero 7 or something. It's kind of like indie/electronica. My guess is that the song is a lot newer than you think. Cool song, but I dunno who does it. Where did you hear it/record it from?
See that's it i can't remember where i found the clip at. I didn't download it illegally but somewhere similar to amazon. Awhile ago. Ill look at Zero 7.

Yeah, it's probably not them, but they have a similar sound. You might like them, at least, even if they're not the ones who do it. Good luck!

Originally posted by jca+Nov 14 2006, 10:38 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jca @ Nov 14 2006, 10:38 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-KanMan@Nov 14 2006, 01:04 AM
Warning: Do not post or request files. This is not a file sharing forum.
The RIAA (and various other companies, agencies, copyright holders, etc.) makes no distinction as to the length, quality, intent, etc. of song clips/files posted for download. More importantly, those same companies don't necessarily have to be "right" to assert claims of infringement.

We get contacted about this sort of thing all the time by outside parties.

Please do not post download links to the many file sharing/hosting sites out there. [/b][/quote]
Can we post links to sound clips and disable the download option? The file hosting sites I have accounts with allow you to disable the download but still allow you to listen to the clip.

The women who sings on mostly all the tracks for them sounds similar to the clip but not completely. It might be just mix with an old sample from a song.

And btw Putfile doesn't offer downloads to the files. It was a stream, im not redistributing the file. I don't think that's illegal

Originally posted by farbeyond@Nov 14 2006, 09:29 PM
Can we post links to sound clips and disable the download option? The file hosting sites I have accounts with allow you to disable the download but still allow you to listen to the clip.
No, you can't.

Whether it's streamed, downloaded, etc., it's being broadcast, and subsequently, companies that represent songwriters and rights holders want royalties/payment for ANY type of rebroadcast of music/artists they represent.

The only way to link to samples/clips/etc. of music is at legal outlets such as Amazon, iTunes, etc.

Back