Oldboy

Hi Cosmo,

The second song in the trailer (the classical sounding one), is from the official Oldboy soundtrack. It's called "Cries and Whispers", track 11 on the CD, 3:30 minutes long, composed by Jisoo Lee.

However, the piano cue that accompanies the end of the trailer is a track called "Breathless", and uses the same melody as "Cries and Whispers". "Breathless" begins with audio from the movie, before going into the piano cue, and then progressing into the full classical style. It's track 15 on the CD, 4:20 minutes long and again composed by Jisoo Lee. It's more eclectic than "Cries and Whispers", but less bassy.

Yeah thats the one. I figoured it was a classical song because it sounded familiar

The same melody is also repeated in Farewell, My Lovely, with a cello lead IIRC. Also, all original music in the OST was composed by Yeong-wook Jo; Jisoo Lee has nothing do with any of it.

Originally posted by might@Mar 23 2005, 03:29 PM
Also, all original music in the OST was composed by Yeong-wook Jo; Jisoo Lee has nothing do with any of it.
I'm a little confused. In the opening credits of the movie it says that the 'director of music' is Youngwuk-Cho. Then it says that the 'score' is by Hyunjung-Shim, Jisoo-Lee and Seunghyun-Choi.

On the official soundtrack it says that the album is 'produced and directed' by Youngwuk-Cho. Then it says (unless I'm reading it incorrectly) that the tracks are "composed" by Hyunjung-Shim, except for tracks 1,4,7 & 10 which are by Seunghyun-Choi. With tracks 1,6,11,15 & 22 by Jisoo-Lee.

If you follow the link below, and scroll down, you'll see in the "production credits" that Youngwuk-Cho (Jo Yeong-wook) is only credited as the musical director/supervision. While the other 3 names mentioned are listed as actual composers for the music score.

LINK

Unless in this instance, the term 'composer' is being used to describe those actually playing the music. And 'musical direction/supervision' is for the person who actually wrote it.

Any clarification on this from forum members would be helpful. I don't want to be praising someone who only 'supervised' those who actually did the writing of the music. Any thoughts, might?

Well I think it appears that you're right CJ. I guess I shouldn't base my research only on IMDB, sorry about that!

I'm desperate to know the trailer music for the Korean film Oldboy.

I have a feeling it's by the company Music Box, but it's not the ONLY music in the trailer.

It begins with the (I'll just all it this) Music Box tune, then slowly goes into "Look Who's Talking" by Jo Yeong Wook, the film's composer.

Another trailer also uses Starsailor's "Bring My love", but that's not the one I'm talking about.

I'll try and find a link to the trailer in question:
http://film.virgin.net/synopsis/synopsis.a...trailersarchive

It's the music that OPENS the trailer. The violin-sounding tune. It's not Vivaldi's "Four Seasons", which is featured in the film, as well.

I'm dying to know. Honestly. I can't find the song ANYWHERE.

Oddly enough, I hear what sounds like it on the TV show "Dog The Bounty Hunter", and after checking the music, it gives me the name "Music Box". But I can't seem to find a link to their site.

If anyone can help at all, you have no idea how much I'd appreciate it.

it definetly is from the films soundtrack, I know that. probably is Look Whos Talking.

Originally posted by Cosmo@Jul 20 2006, 12:33 PM
it definetly is from the films soundtrack, I know that. probably is Look Whos Talking.
It's not. I have the soundtrack.

C'mon guys, someone's gotta' know or at least have the website for Music Box.

Hi,

If it makes you feel any better, I've also been desperately looking for this music at the beginning of the trailer. I have had no luck, and have been searching much longer than you have. I was ecstatic to find the Look Who's Talking track, and have since tried to forget about the other unknown music.

Jacob

I don't feel so bad now, lol. But still, I'm dying to know, it's killing me. I've come close a few times, but the company that I think owns the music doesn't have a website. Music Box or something like that.

Hello everyone, I was wondering if anyone would know this particular song from a oldboy Trailer featured on Youtube.com all I have is it is from Lusine. If anyone knows the song it will be highly appreciated. Here is the link:

thanks in advance for any hints or answers.

Back