Nissan Titan truck

I just went and listened to the song from "The Magnificient Seven" and it was different from the song from "Stripes". My mistake. Both are great!

Hi, saw two commercials with same song. One was a car commercial with cars driving around (didnt get the make), rough terrain, following each other. Again heard same song, western theme (50-s or 60's) advertising a new movie with comic Jon ____ (he's the one who does the fancy soup commercials for Campbell's Select--not Lithgow). THe music is trumpets, like something you'd see for Magnificent Seven, or old spaghetti western. There are no lyrics. If I can run thru the shows I taped this week, I might be able to find the car commercial. (Honda?) Any ideas? Thanks. Alison.

It's called "Stripes March" from the (military-comedy) film Stripes. It's curious how several people who have asked about the same music have similarly described it as "western." ;)

:D Hey, thanks for that. Saw the ad again during "Amazing Race"--car/truck ad was for the Nissan Titan. Still sounds like an old 50's-60's John Wayne-type theme. Appreciate it. Alison.

That music was written by Elmer Bernstein, who also wrote the music for over a hundred films, including "The Ten Commandments," "To Kill a Mockingbird," Meatballs" (He was friends with Ivan Reitman's parents. Reitman directed "Meatballs," the "Ghostbusters" movies and "Stripes"), "Animal House" (and most of John Landis' other movies), and the scary music on Michael jackson's "Thriller" video.

Perhaps it's because Mr Bernstein is also responsible for the scores of some of those old westerns including The Magnificent Seven movies, True Grit, The Sons of Katie Elder, Big Jake, Cahill - U.S. Marshall, The Shootist, The Big Valley and Gunsmoke among others, he was a very busy guy!

... and now The Great Escape theme won't stop playing in my head :rolleyes:

Back