MTV promo

farbeyond

Sandman
Reaction score
Hi, I just listened to the song "Mundian To Bach Ke" By Panjabi Mc and the remix with Jay-z "beware of the boys" which brought back a memory of a commercial I saw on Mtv some time ago. The comercial showed a young boy from what looked like a country like India running around the streets. He was stacking shot glass like cups full of some liquid and singing some song like "1,2, 3, capore". It sounded somewhat like the panjabi Mc song if I remember correctly. This was a commericial that played in between music videos on mtv. There was a rem Does anyone remember this commercial or know who the artist is or the name of the song? Thanks

I remember that ad too!

The little boy filled up all of his little cups/glasses at the beginning ... then he passed them out to different people ... he was a happy lad, moving/dancing cheerfully and singing as he went about his drink deliveries ... at the end he delivered a drink to a bearded man who smiled and sang and/or clapped along with the boy's song ...

Beyond that ... I got nothing substantive to add ... sorry! B)

Enjoy!
There you go.

yea thats the same commercial I'm talkin about. At least i'm not the only one who remembers it.

I've been doing some Googling on this matter ...

Got a little more info ...

parsijourney.com:
In 1996 I was asked to be one of the judges of Bombay's Advertising Club awards. In the middle of one hundred imitations of cowboys in the sunset and the like, were the MTV spots that used the Indian environment in an original way; a cocky tea-boy weaving his way though Bombay's most crowded locales, hassling everybody he meets on the way; a terrifying head massage set to an old Hindi film song. Much later I met the person responsible for the TV spots that got my full marks, whatever they were worth; Cyrus Oshidar, Vice President and Creative Director of MTV, whose latest creations are a venomous, gravel-voiced MTV-hating old lift-man, and Gaseous Clay, a flatulent Boxer, the Hawaweight Champion of the world. Cyrus Oshidar lives in an old flat in Tardeo with his Parsi wife Simeen, an artist who paints on glass, their two daughters, and several paying guests from another era, who refuse to leave. I'm surprised, though I shouldn't be, that theirs has been a childhood romance.

Anybody else out there remember this ad? Any clues as to what the "old Hindi film song" might be?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!
Thanks! B)

Diggin' up some old stuff. Any info out there?

Thanks for the info. I found a video of the commercial too:

Back