Motorola Q Verizon

Anyone know the funk/tech song that plays behind a commercial now...just keeps repeating "let me show you (how it works, works, works" - if I'm hearing it right, that is.

That song is by Death From Above 1979.
"Sexy Results (MSTRKRFT Remix)"

The song on the Verizon Wireless commercial with the blackberry or new cell phone or something. The phone is spinning around or doing something, and it tells you about it, and in the background there is a beat that is techno or electronic, and some guy in the background is singing I think, "Show you how I work work work work..."

I know from reading a ton of posts all over the internet that as of yet no one has been able to figure out the song on the Motorola Q ad currently playing on the TMZ.com website prior to downloading videos, BUT I thought I'd give it another shot to see if someone, anyone, out there KNOWS THIS SONG!!!

Something like this:

It's just something about you
That makes me wanna hold you
Wanna take you anywhere with me
Got the signal....

It's a female, techo/dance beat and it is NOT Goldfrapp. Anyone know??

Okay, I think it's save to say that this thread has gotten fairly out of hand.

Apparently there are various commercials for the new Motorola Q and therefore various songs are being used.

The most important thing to state here is that the initial post and the initial question still hasn't been answered.

The song we are searching for is NEITHER "Sexy Results (MSTRKRFT Edition)" by Death From Above 1979 NOR "Strange Effect" by Hooverphonic.

Is someone would actually read through the lyrics that have been posted here in the first few replies, you'd know that they are talking about something entirely different.

Now could someone please try to figure out that song, because I think it really could ROCK! ;)

Meanwhile I'll try to get a better recording of it.

Thanks in advance!

The reason the thread is mixed is Verizon unexpectedly changed the first ad's music after it was first released. For whatever reason, they are running that initial (Goldfrapp influenced) music again now.

The topics will likely be split if anyone ever IDs this old/new track, but since it remains a mystery, best guess is that it was produced just for the Verizon ad, especially since it seems heavily influenced by Goldfrapp without actually being from that group.

I contacted Verizon customer service and received the following reply.

My name is Wayne, and I appreciate your reply in regards to your previous inquiry requesting the identity of the title of the song in our Motorola Q smartphone commercial. It is my pleasure to assist you today.

Upon review of your request, I did attempt to identify the title of the song in question. I have been informed that the music in question is a jingle and is not a complete song.

I guess that solves this mystery.

Back