Mario Kart 64

venomgt

Reaction score
one day i beated the game then in the ending credits they playing this awesome tune?

do u know what it is?

Koji Kondo has composed lots of awesome music for many Nintendo games, including the best-known Mario and Zelda themes, in addition to the music for Mario Kart 64. I don't think any Nintendo game developed in-house has ever used existing music.

There are "sound emulators" that let you make accurate reproductions of video game music if you can find a "sound rip" file from the game. Although it feels "less illegal" than downloading the entire ROM, it is still not really allowed. Also, most video game music is designed to loop infinitely, so if you create your own audio file this way, it's up to you to cut it decently.

The actual legal issues are somewhat foggy when it comes to ripped soundtracks (at leat, for video games). If you want the soundtrack, go to Zophar's Domain, click on Game Music Archive on the right panel, under ZD Archive, then click N64 to see a list of soundtracks available. Then, after you have downloaded the soundtrack, you can also download a plugin for winamp (from the home page, click Utilities under other releases, Music and Video, then N64 USF). This soundtrack is actually taken from the cartridge, titled and indexed. The sound you get form this will sound almost exactly like the game. However, I reiterate, the legalities of such a download are vague! You do this at your own risk.

Info on the Plug-in: It is designed for WinAmp and will not work in Windows Media Player (that I know of). This plug-in lets you play the songs indefinitely if they are designed to do so.

If you don't want to risk legal issues, go to VGMusic. They have a huge database of MIDI formats for a lot of games (yes, Mario Kart 64 is one of them). Although not the authentic sounds, the quality of the MIDI files is pretty good!

If you want to look up the composer, his name is Kenta Nagata, although his credits aren't very long. MK64 was his first credited game as composer.

Also, the name of the song is (I'm serious) End Credits.

Back