Lyrics in a rap song

ad-rock

Pro Member
Reaction score
"Picnic" is rapped like Yogi Bear says it, and "casket" is drawn out.

"Pic-a-nic basket? Pic-a-nic caaa-sket!"

This short phrase of lyrics came into my head today. I'm sure the song that it's from is either on my computer, or on one of my CD's. I can't remember from where though, and it's driving me nuts! Does anybody know? :unsure:

I tried to Google it, I didn't get anywhere. The lyrics "picnic basket" bring up an Eminem song, but they don't match the second half of the lyrics, sorry...

Originally posted by MeganJane@Apr 17 2005, 08:55 PM
I tried to Google it, I didn't get anywhere. The lyrics "picnic basket" bring up an Eminem song, but they don't match the second half of the lyrics, sorry...
I got that one too...I thank you for your effort though ;)

;) Hey ad-rock, did you watch SNL last night? Beck was on...

Love your avatar, btw...

Originally posted by MeganJane+Apr 17 2005, 09:10 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MeganJane @ Apr 17 2005, 09:10 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>;)  Hey ad-rock, did you watch SNL last night? Beck was on...[/b]

No, forgot about it! I was gonna watch too! It's rare that I stay in on a Saturday night in the first place. I ended up watching Jurassic Park instead...

Saw him live back in '97 though; he put on a great show! Have you listened to Guero? It's a great album. "Earthquake Weather" and "Que Onda Guero" are my current favorites.

<!--QuoteBegin-MeganJane
@Apr 17 2005, 09:10 PM
Love your avatar, btw...[/quote]
dascoot said she :wub:'s the avatar too. I must have a knack to pick out the dude's that ya'll think are hot!

I haven't seen it yet either, it's on my Tivo. I haven't listened to a lot of Guero yet, just a couple of samples from itunes. I've been meaning to get some of the songs though, I think I'll just take your recommendation!

And, I don't think Beck's hot, he's WAY too short for me (he's like 5'1"). I've seen him in concert before, it was GREAT!! It would have been better if the 7 friends I went with were interested in seeing him too (he opened for DMB, our real reason for being there...)... :D

Oh, I gotcha. You said love the avatar. My bad. :rolleyes:

I like a few Dave Matthews' songs, but I've never really gotten into him like most people do. I hear his live shows are far better than his albums though, would you agree?

;) Yes, about Beck.

As for Dave Matthews...whoa, this could be long. I'll try to keep it short. I saw DMB at a concert for about 500 people way back in 1991, before Under the Table was released. I was leaning on the stage, Dave was about 1 1/2 feet from me, the entire concert. The only people who knew him at this point were mostly transplant college kids from NC who went to school in the Amherst/ Northampton area. (I was 15.) Needless to say, I fell in love with the band then and there. I've been to 11 shows (but I haven't been in at least 5 years now, they're tooooo mainstream, and I can't deal w/ the stupid people who go to the shows now.). They are amazing in concert, IF you love the whole jam band concept. Some of their songs go on for 20 minutes (I know, not as long as Phish, whatev). They are so talented, and you can tell they have FUN in concert. I have a ton of bootlegs (most are tapes, hahaha, how dated of me), but I haven't listened to them too much lately. I'm VERY excited to hear the new cd, whenever it comes out. Dave's solo album was kind of depressing, I wasn't a huge fan.

Ok, enough! :lol:

Originally posted by ad-rock@Apr 16 2005, 07:51 PM
"Picnic" is rapped like Yogi Bear says it, and "casket" is drawn out.

"Pic-a-nic basket? Pic-a-nic caaa-sket!"
So yeah, does anybody know what this is?
I'm having a hunch it's Wu-Tang Clan circa "Enter The Wu-Tang: 36 Chambers".
Any guesses?? :unsure:

Thanks for the reply, but that ain't it. I've never heard that song before. Sounds kinda creepy though....:huh:

The search continues~

I think the time has come for you to record yourself singing the tune. B)

Yes Ad-rock, please do!! :lol: BTW, what happened to the hottie avatars? :p

What the?! You don't think Sideshow Bob is hot? :eek: :lol:

I won't be singing anytime soon either... :p

:lol: Darn! I so wanted to hear you sing.

Yeah, I don't know. Maybe the crazy killer thing turns me off. :lol:

Originally posted by ad-rock+"Serial Killer Test" May 6 2005, 08:39 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ad-rock @ "Serial Killer Test" May 6 2005, 08:39 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Also, "Hannibal" is still the most graphically disturbing movie I have ever seen. A big group of us went to see it while in college, and we still talk about how effed up it is! So anyway, I won't being using Anthony Hopkins as my avatar...unless I'm referring to one of his "nice" "non-threatening" roles like in "Legends of The Fall" or "Hearts In Atlantis"[/b]

Looks like I merged two separate threads together. That ^ was supposed to go here!

<!--QuoteBegin-leone
@May 6 2005, 11:54 AM
Do a Hannibal avatar next! :lol:[/quote]

Anyway, looks like staples has already beat me to it :duh: :lol:

is it "serial killa" from snoop's "doggystyle" cd? if that's not it, I know it's from snoop or dre

Originally posted by skiteton@Jun 7 2005, 04:23 PM
is it "serial killa" from snoop's "doggystyle" cd?  if that's not it, I know it's from snoop or dre
You are absolutely right! :woo:
I've had Doggystyle for ten years, but I haven't listened to it in quite a long time! My other question, why was this so hard to find?? "Serial Killa" lyrics are a dime a dozen on Google. Maybe because it was "Pic-a-nic baskets pic-a-nic caskets"?

Anyway, thanks again~

Back