Lexus sound system commercial

R

reeseb

What's the piano instrumental Diana Krall's listening to in the commercial?

I saw that ad last night. I don't remember the artist, but she says who it is right in the ad. She talks about hearing him when she was 15.

I believe she mentions jazz pianist Oscar Peterson live in Montreal. However, I don't know what's the music piece. Keep on searching..

Thank you both.

I've only seen the ad once but I'll make sure to listen carefully to what she said. I'm a little familiar with Oscar Peterson, and it does sound like his work.

I think it is the song "Night Train" from Oscar's Verve Records recording of the same name.

I am no music expert, much less jazz, but I believe the song is actually "C Jam Blues" from the aforementioned Oscar Peterson Trio cd, Night Train.

I'm not sure what is being advertised in these commercials, but this is the general theme of the two commercials i've seen. The commercials consist of either a man or a woman sitting in a car describing their personal experience to the jazz song playing in the background. I'm guessing these two people are jazz musicans themselves, not sure though. Anyways i'd like to know who the artists are of these songs are and the name of the songs.

It's indeed Happy Go Lucky Local aka Night Train from the Night Train cd.

Thank you! :rolleyes:

You guys saved my life! And contributed mightily to my Jazz education. Cheers, y'all!

Back