Lexus IS300

While you're right, and it sounds like Lexus may have used that Linkin Park song before in another ad, it most certainly isn't the one in the ad in question. I'm not sure if any of you have seen the second thread I started.

That thread has links to a page on the web that has the actual commercial so you can HEAR the song. Amazing, huh? People keep saying that it's probably just made for the spot, and although possible, I just doubt it. If you listen to almost any Lexus ad, they use commercially available music. I work on stuff like this for a living, and trust me, it's hard to beat real music. I've been through my ENTIRE Soundtrack/Garaheband collection and nothing resembles that sound. When you listen to the song in question there is an obvious edit point towards the end where the tag line comes in. If they had produced that song expressly for a 30-second spot then there wouldn't be such a heavy-handed edit point. It seems clear that is covering up a chunk of lyrics or undesirable instrumentals. I'm sure it's a real song. It's out there, and some smart forum member is going to figure it out.

Thanks.

The ad is named "Details," the ad itself is used in a campaign consisting of 3 different ads (all using really good rock music) directed by Francois Vogel of Paranoid Projects. The music is most likely mixed just for this ad. More information pertaining to the ad, as well as the clips can be found here

Refer to the other topic started, the composer of the ad is Garron Chang employed by a sound company called Hum based in Santa Monica.

there is still hope, it turns out one of there ads was based on a generic rip of "somewhere I belong" by linkin (split screen ad). I emailed them, ill get an answer by tomorrow

Yeah I was pretty bummed to find out that it is indeed a song just made specifically for Lexus. It really gets you going HUM did really well.
If you guys like the sound from "details" you might enjoy some of these other tunes, some are from commercials others are just cool. They dont really have the beats and breaks/rock aspect of the Lexus ad. But give them a try:

"Hardcore Days & Softcore Nights" by Aqueduct

"Trip" by West Indian Girl (might be a little too soft)

"Jukebox" by Bent Fabric

"Mondo '77" by Looper

"Go Tell the World" by Joy Zipper (chick singer)

and of course anything by the Go! Team they kickass

What about the track for the first commercial on that link, for the black IS - "Why live in one dimension" ?

Was that composed by HUM also?

sadly no, I'm not even sure if im contacting the right person, I e-mailed the executive producer in the company Paranoid Projects.

And yes Nay, all of it is done by Hum.

Maybe I'll contact them instead. I'm assuming they are all "generic" rips of other songs.

Great taste Go!Team.

hey guys,

Sorry to tell you this but i just recieved a reply from a HUM representative and the song featured in the "split screen" add was composed by one of their employees for the commercial. Perhaps we can still get a full version of the song if it exists.

-Squint

what there needs to be is a persistant group of emailers that spam HUM with this inquiry.... eventually we'll get a response.... whether it's good or bad.... it's a step forward

I sent Lexus an email earlier (about the "Why Live in One Dimesnion?" ad) if I don't get a reply in the morning I will call and then post it here.

Back