Kinks' Songs on TV

pdaoust

Reaction score
I don't know if anyone else here is a Kinks fan, and I assume most people don't really know who they are. However, their songs have been ALL over TV (for better or worse) in the past few years.

Most recently, "Strange Effect on Me" for Cingular Razor, "All Day and All of the Night" for Ford, "Picture Book" HP Digital, "You Really Got Me" Chevy Silverado, "I'm Not Like Everyone Else" IBM, etc.

Does anyone have any others from the Kinks to add to my list? Finally, after all this time, their music is getting some wide exposure, even though people may know it is them. Note: All of these songs come from what is considered Ray Davies (singer, songwriter) brilliant writing span from 1964-1970.

Oh, if anyone knows the commercial in which "Death of a Clown" (written and sung by brother guitarist Dave Davies)? I heard it recently, but I was half-asleep.

:)

Another huge Kinks fan here. They do appear to be everywhere, though I'm not sure how I feel about that. :unsure:

Anyway, their song "Do It Again" is heard in the tralier for Click, and I remember a while back that "All Day And All Of The Night" was used in an ad for Skittles or Starburst. If you include remakes, then there was that famous Nissan commercial with the Ken doll that featured "You Really Got Me" as performed by Van Halen.

As for "Death Of A Clown", I remember hearing it as well, but like you I don't recall who the spot was for. And not to nitpick, but the song/remake in the SLVR spot is called "This Strange Effect."

Back