Interview with the Vampire

tlraven

Reaction score
:blink: ok if someone could help me i would appreciate it soo much..there is this song and i cant think of it at all...i think it was on interview with the vampire but i looked at the soundtrack and its not there...the words are something like
i been around for a long long time im a man of .....and thats all i can remember its an old classic rock song and its driving me crazy?/ can anyone help me?

Do you perhaps mean "Sympathy for the Devil" by the Rolling Stones?

Actually I looked it up on IMDB, and it IS "Sympathy for the Devil" but it's the Guns N' Roses version, not the original Rolling Stones one.

Hey can anybody tell me what song Lestat is playing on the piano when he comes back from the dead, right before Claudia and Louis escape from the townhome and leave for paris? :D

adagio e cantabie by Haydn or Vladimir Horowitz
it's also a pretty long (8 mins) and the part that is playing in the movie is around the middle of the song

Thank you very much!

Michelle- yes I had checked the soundtrack and I hadn't recognized any of the samples although it may have been on there.

Anyway, I appreciate the help.

I searched for adagio e cantabie under the name of both artists and I came up with nothing, if anyone could offer help on that it would also be greatly appreciated.

I know that the song that i am thinking of was composed by one of the great classical masters (Mozart, Haydn, etc..) It's when tom cruises character comes back from the dead (after the young girl slices his throat and they dump him in the swamp with the gators! Right before they burn him.) He plays it on the piano. It's has a sad sort of feel to it. Please help!

I know the scene you speak of. But unfortunately the most I can give you is the soundtracks listing. The way the music is listed is according to the scene. I can't seem to pin point it though.

Here's the listing:

Side One

Libera Me
Born to darkness part 1
Lestats tarantella
Madeleines lament
Claudias allegro agitato
Escape to Paris
Marche Funebre
Lestat's Rechitative
Santiago's waltz
Theatre des vampires

Side Two

Armands Seduction
Plantation pyre
Forgotten lore
Scene of death
Abduction & Absolution
Armand Rescues Louis
Louis Revenge
Born to darkness part 2
Sympathy for the devil - performed by Guns and Roses

Music composed by Elliot Goldenthal
Music produced by Matthias Gohl

Hope this helps! :)

Hi guys!
Sorry if this was posted before- I did a search and didn't find anything.

In the film, Interview with the vampire, lestat is playing a song (after he comes back from being dumped in the swamp) on the piano. It sounds rather familiar, but I can't place my finger on the song.

Any help? Thanks!

Back