Instrument?

staples

All-Star Member
Reaction score
What is a song that sounds kinda like it has the instrument played at 1:55 in this song on youtube... (Erasure-Make me smile)... Maybe something kinda geeky?

be well,
staples

uh.... HOW geeky?... How old ? :unsure: The first thing that comes to mind is Peter Frampton, "Baby I Love Your Way" and "Do You Feel Like We Do"

I agree with NumyMufn plus it has that sythesized sound used by Cher in "Believe" and by other artists "hopping on that wagon".

:lol: I forgot about that Cher song... I guess my age is showing :p

The device used here appears to be the talk box, which, as Numy pointed out, was famously used by Peter Frampton; the song in which I most recently remember hearing it used is The Flaming Lips' "The Yeah Yeah Yeah Song." This is not the same technique used for Cher's crapfest of a song "Believe," whose vocal effect was created using the Antares Auto-Tune pitch correcting processor, not to be confused with another popular voice altering/synthesis tool, the vocoder. :nerd:

Yea, that's what I meant, including correct spelling, etc. ;)

first song that came to mind when i heard it
was........
Infected Mushroom - I Wish

"Let Forever Be" doesn't use the talk box, but I'm glad you finally figured out the song. I love that song and the video, btw. :)

Also, the other song, "Plug Me In," appears to feature the vocoder, which is also not used in The Chems song. ;)

Back