HSBC Direct "Your Point of View" dog show

Reaction score
Hi I'm looking to find out the title and artist of the song playing in the latest HSBC commercial showing a dog show and multiple descriptive words contrasting, like purebred/inbred, contrasting opinions like that. If anyone knows the song that's playing in the background i'd appreciate it if you could tell me. There aren't any lyrics that early in the song, just a pretty hard rock guitar part.

Has anyone else actually seen this commercial and doesn't know the music, or is it just that it isn't being seen? It comes on multiple times on CBC/Newsworld for those who are interested in seeing it.

Well, I dont know exactly what the song is, but I can tell you that it is almost an exact note for note copy of Sonic Youth's "kool thing". Its got a couple of stray notes thrown in, I suspect, just to make it different from sonic youth's song.

Theres at least one other HSBC ad on this campaign (that has a bunch of windmills in it) that features a song that at the very least was "heavily influenced" by a sonic youth track.

I'd like to know whether these are licensed versions or blatant re-writes.

Back