HP "I Want My Picture Took With You" Song

Multimedia

Reaction score
Anyone know wo is singing that HP song that sounds like from the 30's or 40's on the new HP Printer Ad? Thanks.

The Holiday Themed HP ad currently running I belive is another creation from whiz director Francois Vogel. This piece follows a trend of other delighful confections in the HP + You campaign using familiar tunes if not immediately recognized.

"What Do I Have to Do to Get My Picture Took" is the opening number to Irving Berlins 1949, "MISS LIBERTY" written as follow up to broadway smash ANNIE GET YOUR GUN. Unfortunately MISS LIBERTY's reviews of the time were tepid, and rightly so since its rarely sees revival. The memerable numbers from this show are "Old Fashioned Walk" and "Give Me Your Tired, Your Poor". The album or song is available for download at iTunes. Vocalist is uncredited at oline services, but I think its Allyn Ann McLerie of broadways Pajama Game and later on screen as a secondary character in Doris Day's Calamity Jane, another Irving Berlin favorite. ...which also bring to mind the composers other memerable works, White Christmas, God Bless America, Blue Skies, Easter Parade, Happy Holidays, Always...and so on.

To see more of director Francois Vogels resume go here >>

http://www.toolofna.com/index_flash.html

or to see some of the HP + You brand campaign including Vogel in FRONT of the camera......"Out of the Picture" by The Robins >>

http://www.hp.com/hpinfo/newsroom/hpads/yo...ou/photography/

Originally posted by davetunes@Nov 26 2005, 11:18 AM
The Holiday Themed HP ad currently running I belive is another creation from whiz director Francois Vogel. This piece follows a trend of other delighful confections in the HP + You campaign using familiar tunes if not immediately recognized.

"What Do I Have to Do to Get My Picture Took" is the opening number to Irving Berlins 1949, "MISS LIBERTY" written as follow up to broadway smash ANNIE GET YOUR GUN. Unfortunately MISS LIBERTY's reviews of the time were tepid, and rightly so since its rarely sees revival. The memerable numbers from this show are "Old Fashioned Walk" and "Give Me Your Tired, Your Poor". The album or song is available for download at iTunes. Vocalist is uncredited at oline services, but I think its Allyn Ann McLerie of broadways Pajama Game and later on screen as a secondary character in Doris Day's Calamity Jane, another Irving Berlin favorite. ...which also bring to mind the composers other memerable works, White Christmas, God Bless America, Blue Skies, Easter Parade, Happy Holidays, Always...and so on.

To see more of director Francois Vogels resume go here >>

http://www.toolofna.com/index_flash.html

or to see some of the HP + You brand campaign including Vogel in FRONT of the camera......"Out of the Picture" by The Robins >>

http://www.hp.com/hpinfo/newsroom/hpads/yo...ou/photography/
I'd like my picture took
What do I have to do to get my picture took?
Who do I have to be to get my picture took with you?

I'd like to spark with you
Having a plate develop in the dark with you
Nothing I wouldn't do to get my picture took with you

Me sittin' down, you standin' up
Lookin' at the birdie will be fun
Hands in my lap, yours on your chest
Just like Napoleon

And someday we'll take a look
Into a fam'ly album or a mem'ry book
'Stead of a boring evening, we'll be laughing at
The picture that I took with youI'd like my picture took
What do I have to do to get my picture took?
Who do I have to be to get my picture took with you?

I'd like to spark with you
Having a plate develop in the dark with you
Nothing I wouldn't do to get my picture took with you

Me sittin' down, you standin' up
Lookin' at the birdie will be fun
Hands in my lap, yours on your chest
Just like Napoleon

And someday we'll take a look
Into a fam'ly album or a mem'ry book
'Stead of a boring evening, we'll be laughing at
The picture that I took with you :p ;) :D :lol:

Thank you so much DaveTunes. The song is only 1:03 short but can be found on iTunes for 99¢. The 30 second FREE preview is all the way from "Me sittin' down, you standin' up" to the end. The opening half is in the HP Ad. So by recording both, you can assemble it free.

Back